Nov 21, 2012

As I waited for the Results...

I celebrated my birthday a couple weeks ago and I received the greatest gift I could have ever asked for. And I did ask for it. God's timing is so beautiful and perfect.

I am PREGNANT.   ... Everytime I say that out loud it makes me smile. 

Baby #3 will be arriving next summer! I am currently 6 weeks pregnant. Yes, I know that is very early in the pregnancy! My first doctor appointment isn't even for another couple weeks. But I didn't want to wait to share our big news. With my other 2 pregnancies I always wanted to wait until I felt it was "safe" or "for sure" to spread the big news and make it "Facebook official", but I was inspired when a friend of mine told everyone right away! She wanted to share her news because one she was so excited about it she didn't want to keep it a secret, but more importantly she wanted her family and friends to join her in praying for her pregnancy and her baby. I thought that was such a beautiful way to look at sharing the news. So, while I still think I'm crazy at times for telling everyone just a mere 10 days after finding out myself, I would love for you my friends and readers to join me in praying for the beautiful baby growing inside of me. 

My husband and I were "sure" we were finished having kids, but decided not to do anything permanent until I was 30 in case I changed my mind. Well, on my 28th birthday I received the news! 

My little family celebrated my birthday by staying in a hotel for some swimming and jumping on the bed fun. When in a bigger city we always must visit Target. So while we were shopping I slipped away so I could buy a test without my husband knowing. I wanted to surprise him, unlike with the other two when I said, "BABE, you better come in here!" lol! :)
That night I woke up around 3:30 in the morning and thought ok, I'm going to go take this test. Either way I can't be bummed because it's my birthday so it's going to be a good day. We had been trying for 4 months so I was a little worried to get my hopes up. 
I had taken a couple cheap tests the week before and wasn't sure about the results - two lines? evaporation line? How am I supposed to know?! So this time I bought the digital! [I recommend doing this. As long as you wait long enough so you're not dropping $ down the toilet (literally) by taking them too early!] Anyways... :)

So it was 3:30 am and I prayed as I waited for the results and.... 

I threw my arms up in the air with the biggest smile on my face and said THANK YOU to God for blessing me with another child. Eeeek! Talk about a good birthday present. 
I snuck back to bed where my husband was sleeping, but he went to hold my hand. I had the test in my hand and he woke up and was a little confused and asked me what it was. He put on his glasses and turned on the light... He was so excited. He gave me a big kiss and told me happy birthday. He said he was really surprised because even though we had been trying I had convinced him that those "cheap tests" I had taken earlier that week were for sure negative and it was another month of negative results. After being confused for a moment, he said he was ecstatic.
We laid there talking for about an hour about how we were going to have another baby. And if you know me at all this won't surprise you; I started planning! It was a little hard to fall back to sleep if you can imagine!
As I laid there thinking, I started to wonder why I even questioned God if I would have another baby. Why I worried. His timing truly is perfect. 


I have been in a blogging stall these past 2 weeks because I love blogging about what's going on in my life and since this was a secret I was having trouble finding anything else to talk about. 
So to all my blog readers, I would say I apologize, but I don't. I guess you could say, here is your warning - be prepared for all kinds of pregnancy blogs coming your way!
Don't worry though, I'll still talk about other things, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...