It's the time of year to be thankful!!
Well, if you're anything like me you are probably thankful all year around. Kind of like on Valentine's Day when you are supposed to celebrate the one you love - you always love your spouse, but this is just a designated day to remember how much you love them and to show them. Same as Thanksgiving it is a great time to remember all the things to be thankful for!! To be intentional about being thankful.
I have had a really great year. There's so much in my life to be thankful for. But I liked the idea of my fellow blogger and friend to do a list of 12 things I am thankful for in the year 2012!
1. my GOD & my church, COS -- Everything I have is because of HIM. It has been really fun to be a part of COS and watch it grow and so many lives be changed. Mine included!!!
2. my marriage - I am married to my best friend. We've had a really great year and have learned a lot about each other. I think I am finally finding how to love him in ways that he can feel it and in a selfless way. I feel totally in-sync with him and connected on all levels. I feel so comfortable yet my heart flutters when he is around. We celebrated our 5th anniversary this year. Marriage gives me that security I've always dreamed of. I am excited to spend forever in this marriage.
3. my husband aka my baby daddy- I am thankful for how hard he works at our marriage, our family and his job. He is always trying to love me better and puts our family first. He loves to be a part of everything we do. I love what kind of father he is to our girls. I love how he knows it's the small things that mean so much to me. He knows how to love me and make me feel special. Plus, I like looking at him!
7. my FRIENDS - I love the little town I live in, but it has always been missing something. I prayed for friends for 5 years and this year I have been blessed with a whole group of them! These friendships have blessed my life so much. I love having a group of ladies to do life with. They are wonderful, fun, Godly-women. And their kids and my girls have become amazing friends. We have fun together and this is one of my biggest blessings in 2012.
8. my parents - I am always grateful for my parents and in-laws. They are the most supporting and loving parents. They are always willing to help us in whatever way we need it. I love the special relationships we have with them. They are my parents and my friends. Plus, my kids have the 4 best grandparents there ever was! I am thankful for the relationships my girls have with their Pop & Mimi and Papa & Nonnie!
9. my sisters - I love my big sisters. I love that they gave me my adorable nieces and nephews. This year I am especially thankful that my eldest sister and I have really formed a friendship and were able to talk about a lot of things from our past and get to know each other better and understand each other and become friends. We were able to be open and honest. We cried, laughed, and hugged. This was an answer to prayers.
10. my blog - I have had this blog for 5 years, but I think this is the first year I have stuck with blogging all year long and I have really fallen in love with blogging. It is a great source to share my feelings and my life. I love having this space to be me and share my thoughts and opinions. I am excited to see it grow.
11. my kids' Wednesday night and Sunday school church teachers - I am so grateful for the volunteers at my church. I am especially thankful for the women who are helping shape my children to become Godly kids and for helping me teach them who Jesus is. My favorite thing is that the girls are learning Bible verses. Kairi has about 10 memorized. Kairi especially loves Mrs. Brenda.
12. being a stay at home mom - my "job" is the best. The girls and I have had the best, most amazing year. I love finding fun ways to fill our days. Even on those hard days, I am thankful I am home with them.
What are you thankful for??