May 7, 2015

Loving Hands Hurting Hands

Tonight I had to tell my kids to look at their hands. We sat in a circle on my bed as Kairi boo hoo'd and we discussed what exactly God created these hands for.

Lately my girls have thought their hands are meant to hit, push, punch and to get what they want.

It's really been discouraging to me and makes my heart sad to see that they keep hurting each other, but tonight as we stared at our hands I reminded them that they are sinners in need of a Savior.

God made their hands to love each other, to help each other up and for kindness, not for controlling and selfishness.

We prayed and thanked Jesus for dying on the cross for Kairi and for Brayce and for Mommy and asked Him to forgive our sins.

I prayed for the fruits of the Holy Spirit to fill us up and produce fruit in our hearts and through our hands. -- Fruit of love, peace, patience, kindness, gentleness, goodness, and self control.

 


My kids aren't perfect. They're little sinners just like I am. We are all in need of The Superhero to rescue us. I was so thankful for the reminder that my kids aren't "bad" kids, but that they are sinners. It's so easy for me to get wrapped up in trying to parent to produce "good" kids and forget that my goal is Godly kids.

So yes, while I am tired of the daily tattling of who hit who and I am praying and making plans of things that need to change, tonight I am choosing to be thankful. I am thankful for a Jesus who loved me so much that He died on the cross for my sins, and for my kids' sins.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...