Apr 27, 2015

April Showers Bring May Flowers

This month was busy. And I don't usually do busy. This month flew by and here it is the last week of April. Since it went by so quickly I thought I would do a little recap of what's been going on in our world.

(I've been horrible at taking pictures this month!)



We have loved the amazing Spring weather and have practically lived outside. We have taken as many family bike rides that we could fit in!            

This is his cry face every time we make him come inside.  

We celebrated Easter by serving at our church, lunch with Papa and Nonnie and had dinner with some of our friends and their families. It was a great day, even with the rain. We just had to improvise and have the egg hunts inside.      

Zeke got his first haircut. He's so handsome.     

Kai lost tooth #3 this month. She wished and prayed for it to come out for days and was so excited when it was finally ready to be pulled! 

I'm feeling good, fat and pregnant, but good.  Baby boy is doing great. He was 25 weeks in this pic - look at my handsome baby and as of today I am 28 weeks along. I'm so thankful for everyday I have with this little guy. I'm so in love. Every kick and punch is a reminder of God's beautiful gift to us! 
We celebrated Jonathan's 29th birthday together as a family at the SkyZone Park, shopping and just enjoying the day together.  

Jonathan and I spent 3 out of the 4 Saturdays taking our Foster Care training classes. 27 hours. They were long 14 hour days each time (including driving). It was great to spend so much time with my husband, but I am thankful we are done with them.  Now we just wait. Everything is finished on our side, we just wait to hear if we are approved or not. (We are thinking it will probably be another 3 or 4 weeks until we know.)

We are so thankful and blessed to have such a support system from Papa and Nonnie. They kept our 3 kids every Friday and Saturday night so we could complete our classes! They had so much fun and I'm sure didn't miss mom and dad at all! (Even though I may have cried a couple times being gone so much.) We couldn't be doing this crazy, amazing journey without you both and are so grateful for you!              

We are finishing this month off by preparing for my hopefully last ever garage sale. Purging, simplifying, and moving towards a more minimalist lifestyle (in all areas of our life except for how many children we have. lol) 

April you were good to us. I am thankful for all of the memories that were made and family time that was shared. But I am looking forward to hopefully a slower May where we don't have to travel out of town quite so many times.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...