Mar 23, 2015

The Phone Rang

The phone rang.
I'm going to have to get used to answering it when numbers appear that I don't recognize.
Welcome to the FOSTER WORLD?!
We just received our first call of probably many, many more to come.
The man on the other end from Bridge Resources with OKDHS asked if I was ready to sign up? Or if I had any questions...
Yes, I think I have a bazillion questions.
He explained the requirements to be qualified. Check. Check. Check.
Now, were we ready?
Umm.... wow. God, you work fast. I glanced at my husband and he gave me a nod. Ok, yes. We are diving in.
The man on the phone from OKDHS told me that I would be receiving an email in about 30 minutes, a packet in the mail in a couple weeks, and a phone call from OUR case worker in 7 to 10 days. I thanked him and hung up the phone.
Wow. I am trembling with fear and excitement. We are doing this.
"Whatever you do for the least of these you have done for Me."
My family is entering the world of foster care, foster-adopt. I really don't know what this journey looks like for us, but I do know that we are on it and letting God lead us.
Pray for us as we prepare our hearts, our children, and our home to welcome in a child or two to love and be a family for, either for a season or forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...