Oct 2, 2014

#write31days Fat but Happy Day 2

 
Hi! Today is the 2nd day of the #write31days challenge.
 
Today I wanted to tell you a little about who I am.
 
I have a past, but I also have a present.
Today is about my present, but I will share my past with you in one of the coming days.
 
My name is KC!
here's a little #selfie for you.
I live in Oklahoma and am 29 years old (for another month at least). I have been married for 7 years to my amazing husband, Jonathan, which makes me a pastor's wife. I am a stay at home mommy to my 3 beautiful children who are 5 1/2, 3 1/2 and a 1/2. And just recently I also added the title of a homeschool mom!
 
And I guess one fact that is relevant to this blog series is: I am fat.
 
But I really don't like that sentence, it's just mean and I would never call anyone else that or allow my girls to say it so I don't want to say it. So I will label it as - I have fat &/or I am overweight.
 
I don't think anything negatively about people with extra fluff. Please hear me that I am not calling anyone else fat. And I'm not saying you can't be happy at any size. You can be and I hope you are! This is about me and my life. I have fat, and I am happy. BUT... I want to make some changes.
 
You see, I LOOOVVVEEEEEEE sugar, sweets, desserts, chocolate and all of the above.
I could live off of sugar, and I have been. And that's why I need a change. A challenge. New habits.
 
I am unhealthy. But yet I can no longer accept that as ok. I have 3 little ones looking up to me, learning from me. I have been entrusted to teach and train them. And to be able to teach and train them I need to train myself. I need to learn. And I have a lot to learn. But before I dive into all of the how to's, I have to realize where my strength and power to change comes from.
 
One thing I am going to be working on this month is SELF-CONTROL.
 
"But the Holy Spirit produces this kind of FRUIT in our lives: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and SELF-CONTROL.
Galatians 5:22-23
 
I have the Holy Spirit living inside of me so this tells me I should be producing fruit. And listed above are the fruits that should be coming from me. And for me, when I think about my health I do not see all of these fruits being produced in my life, especially SELF-CONTROL.
 
I really don't think I could turn down a cinnamon roll, peanut butter m&m's or a coke icee.
But I CAN. Through HIS power living inside me we are able to do all things.
 
So... that's that. That is what gives me the power to continue on with this month's challenge (and the rest of my life).
 
And now the "fun" part.
 
I want to lose 40 pounds to go from obese to just overweight. Yes I need to lose a lot more to be considered healthy by the BMI charts, but I'm done measuring my successes and failures by that chart. I am planning on losing this weight by following the Weight Watchers program. (I want to point out that I am not a member due to monthly cost, but have been looking around at other apps and on the internet to learn this program for free.)
 
I want to exercise. Ok truth be told: I want to want to. I have ran in the past and really enjoyed it, but it's been awhile and starting back up is so hard. I will begin the Couch to 5k program again... soon. Someone make sure I do this, ok?
 
So I plan on attacking the fluffiness the old fashioned way - healthy food and exercising. It is slower coming off, but my plan for this health journey is for it to be for a lifetime this time.
 
And because everyone loves a before picture:
I have to start somewhere so I might as well start where I am.

 

 

1 comment:

  1. Love this and love you! I want to eat healthy and work out with you! 😘

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...