Sep 20, 2014

To My Oldest

My beautiful Sissy.
You are 5 1/2 and truly are beautiful inside and out.
 
You love all things sparkly and pink. Unicorns are your favorite. You want to be a cheerleader, basketball player and astronaut when you grow up. You want to wear a dress everyday. You have such a fun colorful style. I never know what you'll come out wearing. You are independent and mature. You are responsible and smart. You are a rule follower. You are such a good helper. I love going places with you. You are the best big sister.
 
Your best friend is your little sister. You adore your little brother Zeke. There isn't a day that goes by that you don't think about and pray for our little baby Banner. You are always so sweet and talk about our family of 6 and our Banner in Heaven. Even telling strangers when Mommy would rather we didn't. But you have helped Mommy's heart heal because I know he will never be forgotten because of you.
 
You have the best memory I've ever seen. You remember even the smallest memory of when you were even 2. I wanted to write a post about you to tell you at age 5 all the wonderful things about you. Because I don't want you to forget who God made you. I don't want you to ever forget how much your mommy and daddy love you. You are my little best friend. My mini-me.
 
You made me a mommy. And everyday you help me to become a better mommy. I see myself in you. You are emotional and looooove sweets. When you are upset you run to your bed to be alone to cry. You are an introvert, and I am so thankful I am one of the lucky ones that get to see your silly personality. You want to be good at things and get frustrated when you can't figure something out. You are so smart tho and you love to learn. So just keep practicing and persevere. Don't be afraid to try something and fail. It's in those moments you learn the most.
 
You are like your daddy a little bit - when your head hits your pillow you are out! But you usually get up one or two times a night crying, needing your mommy and daddy because your legs hurt or your heart or had a bad dream. We love to be here for you, but we also love our sleep. You are usually the first one awake and love to be in Zeke's face as soon as he makes a noise.
 
You are a joy to be around. You love music and to dance. You feel music and let me know when I'm way off beat.
 
Be kind to others, even when they aren't kind to you. Always have that generous heart of yours. You like your stuff, but you also know that our home is not here - it's in Heaven. So don't hold on to things too closely. God might want you to share.
 
You are beautiful with stunning green eyes, thick brown hair and have gorgeous long legs. But more than that you have Jesus living in your heart. Your love for Him is what makes you beautiful.
 
Being your Mommy has been such a joy. And no matter if it's when you're 5 1/2, 25, or 55 - I will always be your mommy and I will always love you big time! Everyday is my favorite with you. But don't be in a hurry to grow up. I like having you around.
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...