Oct 22, 2013

The LIST - Three Birds with One Stone

I'm not sure why, but every time I have been pregnant I have become slightly obsessed with drinking Coke Icees. I LOVE them. And could drink one daily. But I always have quit drinking them after the baby was here. Well, I am now 22 weeks pregnant and have been enjoying my coke icees quite frequently. But unfortunately for some silly reason, I have put "QUIT DRINKING ICEES" on My 30 before 30 List! 
(If you haven't read about my list you can see what it's all about here.) 

Well, I guess I could've waited until the last minute to give up the icees and enjoy them every day until then, but I think technically that would be cheating even though it is my game and rules. BUT this connects with 2 other things I want to cross off on my list so I was excited to go ahead and quit to cross it off! 



SO CROSS IT OFF THE LIST:: Quit Drinking Coke Icees

But I did say 3 birds... Here's the second one that coordinates with the above. 

My husband and I started using Dave Ramsey's cash envelope system and use cash to purchase things instead of always swiping our debit card. (don't rob us, it's not that much money.) Which leads to change. We have been having pockets full of change lately and one thing I've always wanted to do was start a change jar! < -- on the list. Well, I had been using this extra change for my coke icee problem, but decided a few days ago to start my change jar and give up the icees. (I almost gave in and had one today, but resisted and drove right by. But that is why I wanted to publicly announce quitting for accountability.)  

So now our change at the end of the day is put into our change jar! CROSS IT OFF THE LIST!




But what are we going to do with this change once the jar is full?! Well, that is where the 3rd item gets crossed off! 

Jonathan and I believe in CHARITY WATER and we want to support their ministry/organization. So when our jar is full or at the end of every month, we are going to count our change and give it to Charity Water.  < -- We will continue to cross this one off the list each month! :)

Please take a moment to go to their website and read about them and pray about possibly supporting what they are doing. They are an amazing organization that are helping sooooo many people all around the world have access to clean drinking water! 

This was our ministry table at COS this past Sunday
to help raise awareness of Charity Water.


I'm excited to keep crossing items off my list. Have you started a list of your own yet?! Mine is up to 115!!! :) I just can't stop thinking of all the things I want to accomplish, do, change, etc. Start yours today, and start living more on purpose.




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...