Aug 19, 2013

Potty Training a Toddler

My 2 1/2 year old and I survived her first day of POTTY TRAINING. Braycee wore panties all day and kept them dry - but with one poopoo accident (fun, fun)! Can I just say how cute her little tushie is in panties?
Yesterday I was feeling brave and I declared - NO MORE DIAPERS for Brayce. Thus begins, Potty Trainig - but for real this time.
Jonathan got Brayce dressed this morning and was putting on a diaper. And I said, Nope! We can't. So Kairi, Brayce, and I (and Nonnie and Papa how fun is that?!) made the walk to school with Brayce in panties. (I stuck a towel in the stroller - just in case.)

I wasn't sure how often Braycee would need to go to the potty so we stopped and used Sissy's big girl (tiny) potty right by her class. How cute are the PreK potties?!


Then instead of stuffing my purse with extra panties, shorts, and supplies, I gave Braycee one of my Vera Bradley purses to use. She hugged it and said, "Thank you mom!!! Just like Sissy's!"

Staying Dry! Going PeePee! Before we left the house, teaching her we need to go try.

This girl is PROUD of her potty backpack!!! She looks like such a big girl!

We survived a 2 hour trip to Wal-Mart potty free and accident free. I let her choose some new panties and she picked Cinderella. I told her to give me a thumbs up and this is what she did! :) She cracks me up.

Mommy is so proud of this girl!

After lunch time time to try to go poop - reading a story.

This is where I spent a lot of my day!

Seriously, does it get any cuter?!

And before anyone comments about how embarrassed she would be if she knew I was posting these pictures of her on the potty. I asked her if she wanted me to post them on Facebook and my blog and she got the biggest, proudest smile and said, "YEP!" So, Brayce if you read this in 14 years - you gave me permission!

Braycee ended the day with 6 (or so) successful trips to the potty - and one poopoo accident. Which I kind of feel responsible for. I set a timer randomly throughout the day - usually around 45 minutes to an hour and it went off at 5:30 and since I was cooking supper and her and Sissy were playing I said, "Oh I'll give her another 15 minutes." Well, 2 minutes after the timer went off, she walked up and said, "I poopy." Follow your instincts momma! Ended with a finger, my finger, in the poop while trying to show her where the poopoo was supposed to go. Oh my!
So today I didn't follow any sort of method or plan. I asked her all day if she needed to go peepee and reminded her to stay dry. I took her potty randomly through out the day and anytime before leaving the house. We did put a diaper - which we will now call a "Nightie" - on her before bedtime.

I'm proud of you BIG GIRL! In 2 days you will turn 2 1/2. And you will be the big sister in 6 months so let's get you potty trained so we can only have one little bum in diapers. (I have been buying diapers for 4 1/2 years straight and will be buying them for the next 2 years. WHOA - that's a lot of diapers.)

2 comments:

  1. hah! my youngest son is around the same age as your daughter. i decided that if he can have full conversations with me that he can pee in the toilet. so i too said NO MORE DIAPERS. and just slung a pair of underwear on him. we've had a couple accidents, but it's so much better than changing a million diapers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...