May 17, 2013

Change

There are things in this world that I can change and then there are things that I have no control over. Why is it that I find myself spending all of my energy on the things that I can not change, but I just let the other things I could change go on without any effort on my part?

 

I'm sorry to the things I can not change, but I can not stress over you any longer. I choose to PRAY and let go.

"Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Then you will experience God's peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:-7

I stress. I stress eat. I stress yell. I stress snap with harsh words. I stress withdraw. I stress.

Stress leads to nothing positive. Yet, I find myself stressing and worrying about the things I can not change. They are in God's hands and even more scary, other people's hands. I will obsess trying to find ways that I could 'help' get the result I want or the answer, etc. However, the most important thing I can do, and sadly, I often save it for my last resort is to PRAY.

"Keep on asking, and you will receive what you ask for. Keep on seeking, and you will find. Keep on knocking, and the door will be opened to you." Matthew 7:7

Even when something doesn't go how we would choose or would have done it. God is in control. We are in that circumstance at that time and God can be glorified through it. Trust God, know that He is in control and knows best

Also, I'm sorry to the things I need to change and haven't. I choose to PRAY and take ACTION.


These are the things I have control over and do nothing about, but yet I don't like the results or my situations. Well, it's time that I choose to change that. To first of all pray to be in God's will and then to take action. If that means to get off my couch and get moving to lose a couple pounds or to put down my iPhone and read to my kids, or if I don't like the color of my bathroom - paint it, etc. Whatever is my not so happy ending - change it. What am I waiting for? Those are things I can change.

Maybe if I take the energy and time I was putting into trying to change the things that are not in my control and put them into the areas that I need to do something for myself then I would lose the stress in all situations and therefore, be more of a productive, happy, and peaceful person.

I do think in most cases we can do something to help ourselves. I am really just trying to not let life pass by without being intentional. It's so easy for me to do that though. Time passes, money slips through my hands, my kids grow - no matter if I am being purposeful or not. So I am going to choose to live on purpose. To help myself. To pray and trust God that he is in control - to hand over the control I've been trying to cling to. To leave the stress behind. To make the changes that I want and to stop struggling with doing what I don't want to do, but do anyways.

God is good all the time and He is so good and faithful in my life. I pray that The Lord changes me and molds me into the person he desires for me to be. I want to desire his desires for my life.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...