Dec 25, 2012

A Year in Review - 2012

This may be a difficult time in my life but I still have my Savior, Jesus Christ to thank and praise for His many blessings.

I can't help to look at my life and see God's blessings poured out in every area. I like to do a "year in review" for my blog at the end of the year and I can't believe it but it's that time of year again.

Here are some of my favorite things, times, and memories from 2012:

This year the girls have grown from babies, to toddlers, to little girls. They are such beautiful blessings in my life. Bringing smiles and laughter to my everyday. They will soon be 2 and 4. They have grown into best friends and are such good little playmates. Brayce does everything big sister does and Kairi is a good role model for her. They like to shop, play at the park, build with Duplo Legos, watch movies on Netflix, eat ice cream, and pick out their own outfits. Kairi enjoys playing pretend school, being with her friends at church, gymnastics and checking the mail. Brayce likes Elmo, playing Mickey Mouse clubhouse on the iPad, following around Sissy and has started potty training.
The girls and I have made some new friends this year. We have had a blast. We filled our days this year by going to story time, gymnastics, play dates, MOPs, the park, church, and the pool. We had pool passes this past year and spent as much time as we could at the pool with friends. We had a lot of good weather this year and enjoyed going to the park, too.

This year we painted Jonathan's car and also traded in our Jeep for a Dodge Journey to add some space.

Jonathan and I redid our master bedroom. This is one of our favorite home improvements this year. It's now our favorite hang out spot. We watched several tv series on NetFlix and have enjoyed playing video games. We had to upgrade our tv this week. NBA 2k13 on a 22" tv is just not good enough. My favorite thing in our room is my VB blanket. We love our little cave.

We got a dog. I am not a dog person, but we do crazy things for the people we love.

This year we enjoyed many weekend getaways, mostly with Papa and Nonnie. We enjoyed many trips to Branson, Tulsa, and Kansas City. We also got down to visit my family several times- I even drove by myself a few times this year (which was a first). This year Jonathan, the girls, and I got a hotel room a couple times with just the 4 of us and it may have been one of my favorite times this year. I love getting away with my little family. We like to go go go. And shop.

This year we started going to the Tulsa Driller's baseball games. We love getting the $5 tickets and sitting in the grass and letting the girls run around and play catch. This is my favorite family fun place.

My favorite time of the day is our night time routine with the girls. They each get to pick out a story and we cuddle up on the couch and read the stories while they drink their milk.

This summer Jonathan and I decided we were ready to expand our family. It took 4 months of trying, but on my 28th birthday we found out I was pregnant. Unfortunately, a mere 6 weeks later my pregnancy ended. But we will forever have Banner David in our lives. He is our baby in Heaven with Jesus. This is a hard and sad time in our lives, but Banner is a blessing that I praise Jesus for.
I am such a planner, but I am learning that there is no way of knowing what tomorrow holds for us. My goal for 2013 is to live in the NOW and enjoy everyday, but all the while have a mindset of doing God's work. I am excited to see what 2013 holds. I will be posting a New Year's resolutions post on New Year's Eve to share some of my goals for next year. I still think it's good to make goals, but yet to be flexible and not to focus so much on the end but the now.

As you can see I had a great year. God has blessed me. Some of my favorite blessings are my marriage, my children, my family time, my church (and church family), my friends & family, and being able to be a stay at home mom.

GOODBYE 2012; CHEERS TO 2013!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...