Apr 15, 2012

Why I do what I do?

I have LOTS of reasons why I want to lose weight. I want to be healthy and fit. I want to be active. I want to be a role model for my kids. And I want to be an inspiration for others.

But honestly it feels good when people notice and compliment about the weight loss or my new look. It gives me a boost of confidence. This has been a huge reason why I have motivation to keep going, which is a good thing. And I truly appreciate each comment that is made to me, I store it away in my heart as encouragement. (I am a words of affirmation girl!!!)

But it has also turned into the main reason of doing it. It's like getting on Facebook at the end of the day and having 15 notifications! INSTANT feel good! YAY! But I have lost focus of why I want to lose weight. Sure I want to fit into smaller clothes and I really do enjoy going shopping and being able to wear a size medium. BUT I want to be an inspiration. I want other people who are trying to lose weight to get healthy to know, "If KC can do it, I can do it too!" I never want someone to look at what I have done or said about weight loss and think that they aren't doing a good job or just because they are overweight that they aren't worthy. Or that they need to do this too just because I am.

We must all learn to love ourselves for exactly who we are and where we are! Some people aren't ready or have no desire for change. That's ok. LOVE THEM. Some people are trying everything under the sun but not seeing results (yet). That's ok. LOVE THEM. Some people are being successful in this and are healthy, fit, and skinny. That's ok. LOVE THEM. Some people are.... LOVE THEM.

We must learn to love one another. To build each other up. To encourage! Never to put down. And we must love one each other for exactly who they are because that's it. God created ME as ME, not as anyone else, and YOU as YOU. So we've got to quit trying to be someone else and quit expecting people to be someone else.

BUT eventhough I am ME and no one else. I must strive to be the best ME I can be. I have to work on my flaws, I have to learn from others, push myself, be humble, and work hard at everything I do.

1 JOHN 3:11... WE SHOULD LOVE ONE ANOTHER.

1 comment:

  1. Do your own thing! And never give up!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...