Apr 15, 2012

I Surrender

I feel so selfish right now. It's not about me. None of it is... It's all for HIM! My happiness, my family, my actions, my possessions ... everything. Everything I am and do is to glorify HIM. I've forgotten that somewhere. I mean I know it in my head and I say it with my mouth but my heart had forgotten. I am not here on this earth for happiness. I am not here to have nice things. I am not here to have good relationships. YES all those things are wonderful and I think we should all have them BUT that is not WHY.. that is not our PURPOSE!!!

I am on this earth to glorify my Lord! I am here to serve. I am here to be a witness. I am here to tell others. I am here to worship. I am here to give grace and forgiveness. I am here to love others! ALL FOR HIM!!! I do it for Him.
Matthew 20:16
“So those who are last now will be first then, and those who are first will be last.”

If you read my blog or are my friend on facebook you will know that I am happy and that I love my life. But that's not the point of it all. Even if I lived in a box and was all alone it would still be ALL FOR HIM!!!

I think I am a wife to my husband for a reason, a mother to my daughters for a reason, a daughter/sister/aunt for a reason, a pastor's wife and church member for a reason, and a friend for a reason. I do not think everything happens for a reason. But I do think I am who I am and I am where I am for a reason. I need to quit being selfish in my thoughts and actions and wanting all these relationships for MYSELF! I want these things to Glorify HIM!

I hope when others see me they can know who the Heavenly Father is. I hope they can say I want what she has! Or I am hurt and I can go to her because she knows who the Healer is! I want to lead people to a life of FAITH. I want to be the best ME I can be. I want to be the ME God has created me to be!!!

So take me as You find me.
All my fears and failures.
Fill my life again.
I GIVE MY LIFE TO FOLLOW.
Everything I believe in.
Now I surrender. (I surrender!)
                       --Mighty to Save Hillsong

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...