Feb 26, 2012

ENCOURAGEMENT

I LOVE ENCOURAGEMENT. I love to be an encouragement to others and I love to be encouraged. I truly believe the Bible is right - Kind words are like honey, sweet to the soul and healthy for the body. Proverbs 16:24
I've received a couple messages on Facebook this past week that have encouraged me so much. But what's funny is they were saying how much of an encourager I am and that's what encouraged me!! :)
I believe one of my gifts that God has given me is the gift of encouraging. I believe one reason He gave me this gift was because I always asked Him for it and He is just soooo good. I have always wanted to be able to encourage others! To be a Barnabas.
We can encourage others by saying nice words. By acknowledging their accomplishments. By praising their hard work. - If you like their hair TELL THEM. If you think they did a good job singing TELL THEM. If you think their kids are well behaved or little cuties TELL THEM.
With my husband and my recent weight loss when people say nice things like "dang skinny" or "good run" that encourages us to keep going, to keep up the hard work, it makes our souls smile that someone noticed and said something. My church family has been such an encouragement to me in this subject. It is so refreshing to go to church on Sunday mornings and hear so many nice compliments about it.
I would say I am an insecure person and my love language is words of affirmation. So when I am given encouragement through kind words it truly does go straight to my heart! PLUS it helps me stay away from those yummy delicious COS donuts!!!
So remember from our mouth we have true power to touch someone's life and enrich it. We have the ability to knock someone down or to lift them up and help them soar just by the words we choose to say, or not say!
I encourage you to be an encouragement in someone's life today! You will never know the impact one small remark from you can make on someone's life! (for the good or the bad)

a SMILE is CONTAGIOUS!

Here are a few things about encouragement and words from dictionary.com and biblegateway.com


en·cour·age

  [en-kur-ij, -kuhr-]  Show IPA
verb (used with object), -aged, -ag·ing.
1.
to inspire with courage, spirit, or confidence: His coachencouraged him throughout the marathon race to keep on running.
2.
to stimulate by assistance, approval, etc.: One of the chiefduties of a teacher is to encourage students.

Proverbs 16:24
Kind words are like honey— sweet to the soul and healthy for the body.
Ephesians 4:29
Don’t use foul or abusive language. Let everything you say be good and helpful, so that your words will be an encouragement to those who hear them.
Proverbs 10:11
The words of the godly are a life-giving fountain

Proverbs 10:21
The words of the godly encourage many, but fools are destroyed by their lack of common sense.

Proverbs 11:9
With their words, the godless destroy their friends, but knowledge will rescue the righteous.

Proverbs 12:18
Some people make cutting remarks, but the words of the wise bring healing.

Proverbs 12:14
Wise words bring many benefits, and hard work brings rewards.


1 comment:

  1. I especially like Proverbs 11:9; 12:8. Something about the words bringing healing just touches my heart. I am so passionate about encouraging people. There is too much cutting down and negativity in the world. Everybody could use some hope, encouragement, love, and affirmation. It's funny because that is my love language too... maybe that's what I enjoy your blog so much :) Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...