Feb 27, 2012

Simple Life, Simple Me

This morning I was sitting at my computer desk and I got overwhelmed. I felt like STUFF was just going to start collapsing on me!! I looked around the room at STUFF everywhere!!!
Now do not get me wrong. I am SOOOO grateful for everything we have and I know I am blessed beyond measure. My girls are spoiled not only by Jonathan and I but by their Nonnie & Papa and Mimi & Pop. My girls and us have never lacked for anything!!! We have been blessed by being able to have toys, decorations, shoes, clothes, blankets, EVERYTHING!! BUT... with that being said my house is only 1500 sq feet. NOT enough room for all of our stuff without feeling claustrophobic. Plus a lot of the toys and clothes my kids have outgrown and we aren't having any more children so we have TONS of baby stuff that is taking up a lot of space. And with Jonathan and I's weight loss we have a closet full of clothes that don't fit anymore! TIME to SIMPLIFY!!!
My pile has begun!!
This isn't even half of it! Woohoo!!

I started with my computer desk and playroom (which I did not get much done in this room with Kairi awake!) and then headed to the kitchen cabinets! Sacks full of stuff already! Stuff to sale and lots of things to be thrown away!

We are having a garage sale March 23rd and 24th and I am so looking forward to it. I'm sure I will go through each room a few times to make sure there is nothing else we do not need. We will try to sell all of it and then those things that do not sale we will find a place to donate them. But one thing is for sure... They will not be coming back home with us! :)

Matthew 6:20 But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal.


What do you do to simplify your life?



I knew Pinterest would have great tips for me. Check out this link for great Garage Sale Tips! ... now I'm even MORE excited for our garage sale.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...