Oct 20, 2011

I killed 5 tigers and a bear... What did you do today?

Do you believe what you do is important? If not, why do you do it? Some people work because they love it, some people hate their jobs but have to work to make ends meet. Do you love your job? Why do we stay somewhere where we hate it? Why don't we try to find our passion in life? These are all questions I have asked myself and I think I have found MY answers.
When I graduated college - with my general studies degree - I still didn't know what I " wanted to be when I grew up."


4 months ago I decided to do something I never thought I would do - I became a stay at home mom!
I always thought i had to make a lot of money or be a doctor to not waste my life. I have learned that being a mother is exactly where God wants me to be. To raise my children to be God-loving people. That's not a wasteful life at all. Being a working mom takes sacrifice but being a stay at home mom does too. We live on a budget and have to say no, or not yet to things we want and sometimes need. These are sacrifices I gladly make to be the one at home with my daughters!
God has blessed us with our photography business to have on the side to help financially and so I have the best of both worlds. I stay at home with my 2 babies and do photography with my best friend, my husband.
So through the world's eyes I may not have it all but I know the truth! I have my faith, my family, a roof over my head, food in my belly, and clothes to wear. I am happy. My life is nothing like I imagined it... It's so much more.
My passion is my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...