Jun 22, 2015

Bring It On

As I think of these coming weeks, with our new little guy due in less than 4 weeks, signing our final papers for our foster care process today and how we could be receiving our first placement call any day now and whatever else life is planning to throw at us - I could easily think what so many people believe and take comfort in that - "God doesn't give us more than we can handle."

But you see, I don't believe that. I can't. Today in my Bible reading I continued on in 2 Corinthians chapter 1 only getting a few more verses down the page before it spoke right into my life.
We were crushed and overwhelmed beyond our ability to endure, and we thought we would never live through it... But as a result, we stopped relying on ourselves and learned to rely on God... We have placed our confidence in him, and he will continue to rescue us.
2 Corinthians 1:8-10

If life gets too hard, and it will- I must learn to rely on God, not myself.

That gives me so much peace and comfort today!!! I do not have to be strong enough for this, I can be weak and cry. I can say it's too hard. I will need help. Perfection is not expected.

But "it is God who enables us!" (2 Cor 1:21)

I can almost laugh and just say bring it on. Because I am told to place my confidence in God and he will continue to rescue me!

And our God is faithful and always does what he says! Praise be to the Lord, for each day he carries us in his arms! (Psalm 68:19)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...