Dec 7, 2012

Taking a Break

My husband and I have lived in this town for 5 1/2 years and this past year there has been a lot of new Godly, amazing people that have moved here and become our friends. Wow, I feel blessed. It is something I prayed about for years! God answered my prayers. 

I love all of my new friendships and the amazing people God has brought to G (our town). This year has been super fun with lots of things keeping us busy. Lots of play dates and new ways we are getting involved in the church and town. - I've gotten involved in MOPs and we both have gotten involved in book & Bible studies. We love our weekly story time with friends and then just getting together to play.

This past week I was talking with a new friend and it made me start thinking... Am I desiring friendships more than my relationship with God? It's easy to tell that I put in more work to my friendships and that I spend more time with them. A day after I started thinking about this a friend's FB status said, "When it starts becoming more about you and less about God, there's a problem." That's exactly what my thoughts had been, but I was unable to put into words. 

This week I decided to kind of hibernate and isolate myself just a little bit and try not to focus on staying busy and being as involved as I can be with my friends. I missed a few events I normally wouldn't have and the girls and I stayed home more. I am trying to focus on my relationship with God and am still trying to figure out ways to make Him a part of everything I do. I am wanting to start having that daily quiet time where I focus on Him and where it isn't about me, but is all about Him. 

I'm sorry friends if it seems I dropped off the planet and was quiet towards any of you. I really just wanted to focus on Him and learn to put Him first in all things. I love having friends. I love having people to hang out with and that care about me and that I care about and people we can do life together with. But my reasons had gotten selfish and I was enjoying friends because it kept me entertained and having fun. 

I want to be a good friend and that is why I took this break. I apologize for being selfish. I want to be there for my friends and not be so concerned with them being there for me. (Which I know you girls are, man I have good friends!)

This was a refreshing week. I feel like I can be a better friend now, but I still have a lot to learn and grow. I am praying that God continues to work on me; transforming my desires to be His desires. I pray I can be a better friend, loving others as Jesus loves us. Not letting my relationships be surface level, but caring about others in a way that God cares. I don't want to just go through the motions, but focus on why I do what I do - giving them a purpose. And not just worry about just staying busy and having something to do.

I will be praying for you my friends. :) Love each of you and thank you for being my friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...