Apr 1, 2012

Bananas, Blueberries, & Nike's

For the month of April Jonathan and I have decided that we are not eating ANY fast food (this does not include restaurants occasionally) and I am not eating any sweets. So that meant I needed to go to the grocery store! Usually Jonathan and I like to go to the store together but it was after church and the girls desperately needed a nap! So as I went up and down every aisle I tried to make the best decisions for my family. Reading labels, looking at ingredients, choosing fruits and vegetables! I had a great time at the store. Smiling at the people I passed and just praising Jesus for his blessings! I thanked him that I was not only able to choose healthy foods for my family but I was so thankful to be able to buy my family groceries. I know that's a lot more than most people get to do in this world and not having the stress of what or when or IF we will be able to eat is something I take for granted too often. 
So yes, I prayed and thanked Jesus on the bread aisle today! :) 



After I got home Jonathan was finishing up our taxes! ...which ended up being a huge blessing from God. I have been sooo stressed about the outcome of these taxes but Jonathan and I have been praying for our taxes to go smoothly and not to eliminate our whole savings account. And well I 100% believe that God worked in our taxes and blessed us in a big way. No we aren't millionaires from tax returns but we didn't go broke either! :)

Then we started thinking about supper time and we have been counting our calories and Jonathan only had a couple hundred calories left and so he said he was going to run to burn some calories he could eat. I said well why don't we go right now and take the jogging stroller? It was so nice outside, yes a little warm but nice! Plus it had been WAY TOO LONG since we have went for a run! We had focused so much on going to the gym last month our running really got put to the side!! So let me tell you... today's run HURT!!! it was not pretty. I felt like I was going to die! But we went 2 1/2 miles with a walk in the middle! 


Kai was so excited to run too!! She had her kitty phone and her new running shoes!!

Daddy trying to keep up!!! Seriously I am impressed with her speed. And it excites me that in a few years she will be able to run with us the whole time! I see family 5k's in our future!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...