Mar 21, 2012

A 4 Letter Word: Exercise!

Do you hate exercise? It's probably not at the top of most people's list of things they enjoy! But what do you think of when you think "exercise" ? Running, out of breath, pain, torture, no fun, sweat... the list goes on and on. Or do you think of the benefits of it? Health, fit, getting in shape, adding years to your life, losing inches, having fun?
Exercise can be fun!!! Yes, it should be a lot of hard work, but it can be fun! Try to think of things you enjoy doing? Do you like sports? Well, playing basketball is exercise! Golfing can be exercise (if you walk the course instead of using a golf cart) or tennis is a great way to get some exercise in and have fun with friends! Do you work at an office? Taking the stairs or volunteering to walk something down the hall is exercise! If you like talking & socializing than find a friend and go for a brisk walk! You will have so much fun chit chatting with a friend you won't think of the "exercise" part!
One thing I hated about exercise was getting up at 6am to do it. I much would have rather been sleeping! Lately we have been going at 4 in the afternoon and I love that so much better! Find a time in the day that works best for you!
Try to look at exercise as something you get to do instead of dreading it all day long! I've wasted too many days dreading going for a run and putting it off until 11pm and then I'd say I was too tired then I would be disappointed in myself for not exercising! (a vicious cycle)
Now I don't dread working out. I look forward to it!!! I go with my husband to the gym. Yes, some days we don't want to go. But we make sure to do it several times a week. We have added some different things to our work out. Trying to find things we enjoy doing. We now play racquetball for about 30 minutes. It's fun and gets us warmed up and our hearts beating. Trying new things helps know what you like and don't like!
Ways to make exercise fun: find something you enjoy doing, find a friend, and do it at a time of the day that works best for you!

Exercise releases hormones that make you feel good!!! It's such a great stress reliever and while you think it would make you more tired! Just the opposite! It'll give you energy to get through your day!

Just get moving and see positive changes in your health, attitude, and energy level!!!


What are your thoughts about exercising? What are some of your favorite ways to GET MOVING? :)

1 comment:

  1. I agree, wanting to exercise totally depends on my mindset. If I look at it as something I get to do rather than something I have to do, I enjoy it so much more! When I get in a rut of not wanting to run or whatever it's always because I've let it become a chore. My favorite exercise is of course running! Jack gets together to play basketball with some guys once a week. wouldn't it be great if there were some women's bball leagues too?!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...