Jul 26, 2011

As much as I love being a mom...


I love being a WIFE that much more!

My husband is the most caring and loving man. He works hard for our family and is my number one supporter. He encourages me everyday. He gives me so much joy and happiness. He helps make me a better person and a better Christian. 
We met in the fall of 2005 at Bible college where we shared mutual friends. Then we started hanging out just the two of us - staying up late watching the stars until the wee hours of the night, er morning. At that point in my life I was 100% sure that a nice guy didn't exist (besides my dad). I didn't choose all that wisely through high school and college. I had so many hurts and wounds and scars. (most of them my fault) So I wasn't quick to trust. 
Jonathan kept showing me that he was different, that he wasn't going to cheat and lie. That he really cared about me. And I put him through too many "tests" trying to push him away and he didn't go anywhere! He put up with a lot from me (and still does!) those first several months. He helped me get through the dark things in my life I was struggling with. He helped show me what LOVE really was. I felt loved for the first time in a long time. From him. From God. I started to love myself even. 
I have many regrets from my days past but wouldn't change it for it led me straight to him. I love that song by Rascal Flatts "God Blessed the Broken Road that Led Me Straight to You." It's EXACTLY how I feel. :)
I love this MAN!

2 comments:

  1. i love this KC! even though you quit hanging with me as much in those days, i guess it was worth it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol. definitely worth it. plus then we became roomies and planned our weddings together! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...