Jan 23, 2011

How do I get past this?

Why do I let my insecurities keep me from doing the things I love?
My husband and I started a photography business in April 2010 (www.choosejkphotography.com) because I have had a love of photography for a long time and my husband became interested and we said "LET'S DO THIS!". It is so much FUN to do together. We have studied, researched, practiced, grown, and bought lots of equipment.
I am more the "eye" - composing the shots and my husband is definitely the tech side of it with camera settings and lighting. (We make a good pair.) BUT we both have our own camera and each of us take pictures.
The first few months we did a lot of free sessions trying to build up our portfolio BUT then one day I just put down my camera and I haven't been able to pick it back up. As we got better, I started to fear people judging the pictures as if they were judging a part of me. I feared that my picture would not be good enough for a paying client. I lost all confidence in myself and my ability to take a picture. I have let this keep me from doing what I love and from dreaming of our business growing into my long lost dream of having our own studio one day! I am letting my fear take over me - where I'd rather hide and let my husband do all the work instead of being a true team.
**How do I get past this?
***Do your fears keep you from succeeding? How do you handle it and move forward?

2 comments:

  1. I have looked at your pictures many times and you are VERY talented! Don't let fear hold you back :) If we lived closer I would want u taking our baby pics for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Tina! I appreciate your encouragement! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...