Apr 6, 2016

Loving Myself Right Now

Y'all. I am way overweight. Actually, obese. Blah. That word sucks. I've struggled with weight for years and years, actually for over half my life now. It's been one yo yo diet after another. Giving up. Starting over. 5 pounds here or there. Losing. Gaining. I've done it all. Except...
Except after all these years of dieting, I have failed to love myself.
So while I want very badly to gain health by losing weight, I now know that there isn't a magic # on that stupid scale when love starts. No matter what size I am - a size 4, 14, or 24 - it doesn't matter if I don't love myself. I have to be kind, loving, and positive.
I can take steps to care for myself now. That might mean putting on make up, wearing jeans, or looking in the mirror and saying, "I am beautiful." It starts today though.
I have so many reasons to love myself. I have so many reasons to be kind to myself and quit being mean. I am worth it. I am worth the effort and energy it will take to gain health and choose love. I am a child of God, and I am beautiful.
I am choosing to stop waiting until I am at that perfect size to love myself on the inside and outside. For I fear if I don't start now then I might never start.
Today every time I look in the mirror I will say out loud, "I am beautiful." Because I believe if I say those words enough times I might start believing it and acting like it. Will you join me?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...