Dec 11, 2015

I'm Back After the Storm


IMG_8714

Oh my goodness. I can't even begin to explain to you how crazy the past several months have been. I haven't written and posted a blog post in 4 months. And these last 4 months have been a roller coaster ride. I should've been sticking to my blog even closer to document all the craziness. But alas, here I am, in the calm after the storm.

To be honest, I thought I was done blogging. I haven't had a desire to do it and still don't. BUT, I just went through some of my blog posts from earlier this year and saw pictures of my precious babies and read the stories I had written down. I loved all the memories it brought to mind. And these last 4 months have been a complete blur. I remember close to nothing. Most days I was just thankful to have survived the day. The saying that says the days are long, but the years are short is so true!

So here I am again. I've been all over the place on what I have wanted for my blog. And I think I'm back to square one - a place for me to record my family's lives. A place I can capture memories, process thoughts, tell stories, and look back in the years to come to see how we've grown and changed!

I would love for you to come along for the ride, but to be honest (because really I try to have a filter to be polite and half truth/white lie things so they sound nicer, but that just is not me. Honesty just flies out of my mouth even when I try to keep it in.) Ok, anyways, to be honest, please read and be encouraged! Comment, share, like, ask questions. I would love that, but right now, this is more for me. I just really need somewhere that I can put my pictures and stories without letting another day, week and month slip by without me fully being here. I need a place where I can come and not worry about what someone else expects or wants from me, but that I can just be me.

And this will be just me. No glamour, just whatever comes out through my fingertips. I can't let these precious and sleepless years go forgotten.

I have to give myself permission for this place on the world wide web to be whatever I need it to be. If I want to record a moment that I want to turn into a memory, then I will. If I have some thought that comes from something I read, then that's what I will share. If I want to open up and share part of what God is doing in my life, then I will take courage and do that. I'm giving myself permission, to not have rules, but to just be.

So yeah, I'm back.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...