Dec 8, 2014

Why??

Lately I have been thinking about the "Whys?" of the world and more specifically the whys going on in my world. Why do bad things happen? Why do good things happen? Why are there hardships and struggles? If you're anything like me than you have probably found yourself asking, "Why?" before too.

Why did I have to go through that hard time? Why? I don't understand...

God put a verse on my heart to answer me. Yes, I got an answer to my why! But not the answer that we usually hope for or expect.

God tells us in His Word that He will give us HIS PEACE that surpasses understanding! (Philippians 4:6-7) I don't have to know why. Understanding should not be my goal. That's not the question I should be asking. Instead, I should be asking God for His peace! Seeking that will give me just what I need. Because his peace guards our hearts and our minds!

I am so thankful today that I don't have to understand all of the whys in the world. God's thoughts are higher than ours. I just have to trust in Him and hold on to His peace.

 

Today I seek peace. Not understanding.

1 comment:

  1. I wrote about this a couple of years ago…good reminder :)
    http://marijosings.wordpress.com/2011/05/07/living-with-the-why/

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...