Jan 8, 2016

Peace

This morning I was spending some time in prayer, asking God for rest. For the past 6+ months, I have felt exhaustion, complete and utter exhaustion. 2015 was a year of trials and suffering for me. Looking in from the outside you may have not known that, but internally and spiritually, I was getting beat up left and right. And while I was praying this morning, I began to feel my chest relax. I felt the tension leave. I felt a softening of my heart. I felt PEACE.



God gave me His peace this morning. He is the God of peace, Jehovah Shalom, and He freely gives himself to us. I am praising Him! I didn't even realize how much I was missing his peace until this morning when he poured it into my soul! He filled me up!! I feel like a new creation!




The verse above tells us that God's peace guards our hearts and minds. No wonder my heart and mind have been beat up! I was missing His peace, but He does not withhold His good gifts from us.  I have sought after Him and He has drawn close to me!

This is the first time in a long time that I can remember feeling like this. I actually wanted to hold my baby and snuggle with him, I wasn't in a hurry to lay him down in his own bed so I could be alone and not be touched and breathe. No, instead, I felt relaxed as he lay on my chest and breathed in and out, as his little snores filled my ears I was filled with love, joy and contentment. 

Thank you Jesus. All the glory to Him!



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...