Sep 19, 2015

People Pleaser

"Obviously, I'm not trying to win the approval of people, but of God. If pleasing people were my goal, I would not be Christ's servant." Galatians 1:10

I can't help but to see my silence and my fear of having a voice as my way of trying to win the approval of people, not God. The verse above is just the opposite of who I am and what I do. And sadly, that would make me not a servant of Christ.

Why do I try to please people?

I can't have that. I must seek only the approval of God. I must work for Him in whatever I do (Colossians 3:23) not for you.

I am told God is working in me, giving me the desire and the power to do what pleases him. (Philippians 2:13) Did you read that? He gives me the desire and power to do what pleases him, not what pleases you. He gives you that same power and a desire to please him not me. That should give us a confidence. I have the power of the Holy Spirit inside of me to do what God wants me to.

If I don't do what I think God wants me to do than I am sinning. So, I no longer can let my desire to please others keep me hiding in fear because of what they would think of me as I do God's work. However that may look in my life (which will be different than what it looks like in your life.) And that is what is so hard for me and maybe you too - being different.

That doesn't make it easy and it is scary. But comfortable is boring. I don't want to (want to) be comfortable any longer. I want to be different. I want to please Him. So if that makes you upset, than I have to say #sorrynotsorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...