Aug 25, 2015

What's Up Wednesday August 2015



  

I'm joining MEL @ The Larson Lingo & others for my first What's Up Wednesday Link Up!


WHAT WE ARE EATING THIS WEEK...

Tonight we had hot dogs and chips at our church for our children's program's kick off night. Tomorrow we are going to eat my husband's and kids' favorite meal: Sausage Pasta. The girls love the bow ties. (It's the little things.) The rest of the week? I'm not sure yet! One day at a time! (Goal: Someday I'll have a working meal plan!)

WHAT I'M REMINISCING ABOUT...

Zeke just turned 18 months old yesterday. 18 months is my favorite age! They're so cute at this stage - no longer a baby, but not quite a kid. That toddler stage is precious, challenging but precious. He's a stinking mess, but oh so sweet. He gets away with everything because of those big brown eyes. He sure is cute. 

WHAT I'M LOVING, EXCITED ABOUT, AND WHAT WE'VE BEEN WORKING ON...

We've been busy transforming our garage into a playroom and homeschool room! We love our new space!!! The kids spend ALL day out there and it keeps the rest of the house picked up and clutter free!

   
  


WHAT WE'VE BEEN UP TO...

We've been adjusting to being a family of 6! My son is 6 weeks old now. We just finished wrapping up Summer and have started school. We've spent a lot of time at home (which we usually do anyways because we are HOMEbodies and I'm a stay at HOME mom and we HOMEschool.)

 WHAT I'M DREADING...

Giving up sugar and yummy junk food. (Time to lose that baby weight! You can follow along with my weight loss journey. Every Wednesday I will post a Weigh In Wednesday post! I just began today!)

WHAT I'M WATCHING/READING and LOOKING FORWARD TO...

I am currently reading Simply Tuesday by Emily P. Freeman. I am LOVING it. I tried to start it a month ago, but couldn't get into it. Turns out that was just pregnancy/post partem brain! I'm pretty sure Emily crawled inside my head and took every one of my jumbled thoughts and put them into a beautiful book that makes sense. Read it. I 100% recommend it. #SimplyTuesday

My husband has started coming home 2 times a week 30 minutes early for lunch and I sneak out of the house to get some time to do whatever I want alone. To decompress. To gain my sanity back. And to spend some time refueling. Yesterday was my first time and I sat in my parked car and read. I'm going to love those 30 minutes each week!

 And I'm looking forward to starting Jen Hatmaker's FOR THE LOVE. My husband bought it for me last week and it's just sitting there waiting for me to dive into it!

WHAT I'M LISTENING TO...

Spotify. I love to listen to Christian music, but am always hesitant to try new songs. I like the ones I know and can sing to. So I usually put a new song on repeat to learn it. I'm currently loving:

 WHAT I'M DOING THIS WEEKEND... 

I don't know yet. Our calendar is blank!

My husband doesn't work Fridays so we enjoy a family day together doing whatever we want to. 3 of my kids spend the night with their Papa and Nani on Saturday nights and my hubs and I enjoy that time (almost) alone to reconnect and spend time together. Sunday we get up and go to church - never miss it! #I❤️MyChurch

WHAT I'M LOOKING FORWARD TO NEXT MONTH...

Getting healthy. Yes, I'm dreading giving up my sugary yummy junk food, but I am also really looking forward to exercising and feeling good! It's been awhile since I haven't been pregnant and am ready to get my body from fat to fit!  Jonathan and I bought a new workout program last night and will be doing it together when it comes in!

WHAT ELSE IS NEW...

I had an aha! moment yesterday. More like a DUH! But I realized I need to work on staying calm when I am stressed out and not letting things stress me out as much. Chaos is going to happen in a big family. Chaos happens with 4 kids. Chaos happens when you have an infant and a 1 year old. Chaos happens. But it can be beautiful or it can be crap. If I get stressed then I get mean and yell. If I stay calm then everyone is happier and the chaos goes from awful to well, just chaos.

And of course my YL Peace & Calming essential oil helps with all of that!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...