Apr 20, 2015

How is this Possible

"When they had needs, they would go to God alone, trusting that he would give them everything they needed."
Wow.
I have been so overwhelmed. Fighting away stress and a short temper. (Thankful for my Peace & Calming YL oil!)
I am letting all the physical things that "NEED" to be done before we are approved as a foster family have control over my attitude and behavior. Making more space in the house we have. Thinking of all that we are lacking and how much money it's going to take to have the space we need/want to accommodate our growing family. It's robbing the joy out of the excitement of this journey God has us on. And I'm afraid taking away the glory that God deserves with my sinful attitude.
But how are we going to accomplish all of this???
I recently read Crazy Love by Francis Chan and this point really hit home, "When they had needs, they would go to God alone, trusting that he would give them everything they needed."
Oh, I have so much to learn. What little faith I have. I was plotting and planning about all the different ways to get what we needed, my list was getting long, just short of robbing a bank. Just kidding. But I was feeling desperate.
How will this all be possible then?? God is my provider. He has storehouses overflowing with gifts ready to bless his children with at just the right time (Deuteronomy 28:12). God knows what I need. God knows what the children that will someday call this house home need. He will provide.
God doesn't see what we are lacking. God sees that we are willing.
I want to do my part, but I also want to have a faith that believes what God says. I trust Him.
"So we don't look at the troubles we can see now; rather, we fix our gaze on the things I cannot be seen. For the things we see now will soon be gone, but the things we cannot see will last forever." 2 Corinthians 4:18
"You must each decide in your heart how much to give. And don't give reluctantly or any response to pressure. For God loves a person who gives cheerfully. And God will generously provide all you need. Then you'll always have everything you need and plenty leftover to share with others... He will provide and increase your resources and then produce a great harvest of generosity in you. Yes, you will be enriched in every way so that you can always be generous. And when we take your gifts to those who'd need them, they will thank God." 2 Corinthians 9:7-8&10-11
And as soon as I finished writing this post my husband calls to share our bank account amount. What timing is that?! God is so real and hears us. After hearing the lowest number our bank account has ever been, God asked me, "KC, do you still trust me?"
So since I am choosing to trust God with everything I am, I can't continue to live and plan like He doesn't even exist. We try to set up our lives so everything will be fine even if God doesn't come through. (Crazy Love)
"Trust in The Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding." Proverbs 3:5
I TRUST YOU!


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...