Mar 20, 2015

Face to Face

"Stand face to face with the younger me - here's what I would do differently."

Apparently I can't get enough of the song, Fix My Eyes by King & Country. But the lyrics are just, "Wow!"

Stand face to face with the younger me...



Sure, when I was a teenager there are plenty of things I would (should) do differently. This blog post would be way too long if I listed them all! Even throughout my 20's, I could go on and on about things I would do differently.


However, what I don't want to happen is when I turn 40 or 50 and stand face to face to my 30 year old self and talk about all the things I would do differently.


I want my 30s to be a time of following hard after God. Every decision made is because it's the one he's pointing me towards because it's pointing towards him.


My 30s are just beginning, I am 30 years and 4 months old, and it's an unknown road ahead. But I'm ok with that because I think I'm finally taking my first steps on the narrow path.


“You can enter God’s Kingdom only through the narrow gate. The highway to hell is broad, and its gate is wide for the many who choose that way. But the gateway to life is very narrow and the road is difficult, and only a few ever find it. (‭Matthew‬ ‭7‬:‭13-14‬ NLT)


I am doing my best to live each day, each moment, as one that won't lead to regrets in 10 years. I'm not perfect and never will be. But someday when I'm 40 I know that there will be things I would do differently, but I know I'll have to give myself grace because this decade I am being intentional.


I read this verse today:


We must quickly carry out the tasks assignoed us by the one who sent us. The night is coming, and then no one can work. (‭John‬ ‭9‬:‭4‬ NLT)


NOW is the time to do God's work. Now while I am 30 and have littles in my house. Now while I stay at home and homeschool. Now while I am imperfect and flawed. Now is the time to do the tasks God has assigned me. I don't want to get to the end of my life and have missed it.


I'm choosing to walk through the narrow gate and on the difficult road during my 30's.



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...