Mar 5, 2015

Behind The Name

lovelikewerenotscared

I have chosen a name for 5 children and countless stuffed animals in my life. However, choosing a name for a new blog presented itself as a challenge. My husband and I wanted to get it just right and wanted it to describe what this blog would be all about. What is our blog about? Our life. So how do you fit your whole life in a simple www .____ .com space?

We brainstormed for days, coming up with a large list of ideas, some silly things, some words that we liked but didn't fit and also ones we loved, but were already taken. I just wanted to start writing, but first a name. It's like having to name your newborn before they'll let you take him home from the hospital.

Yesterday morning I was listening to some worship music while I got ready for the day when Fix My Eyes by For King and Country came on. I was listening to the lyrics when one line really popped out to me.
LOVE LIKE I'M NOT SCARED

fix my eyes

Love like I'm not scared. Give when it's not fair. Live life for another. Take time for a brother. Fight for the weak ones. Speak out for freedom. Find Faith in the battle. Stand tall but above it all. Fix my eyes on You. On You.

Yes! I loved all of it! But that would have made for a VERY VERY long domain name. Every line describes the journey that my husband and I want to take in our lives. Every line describes what we want for our life. And we want this blog to tell the stories from our lives. We want to tell the story of how we found faith in the battle. We want to tell of how we lived our lives for another. We want to give, give, give because it's not fair. We want to fix our eyes on God always! And we want to love like we're not scared.
LOVE LIKE WE'RE NOT SCARED

Even though it will be scary, we are going to love anyways. We are excited to see where God leads us in our life and to tell the stories along the way. We hope you will join us in this journey!
us3

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...