Jan 17, 2015

Shining and Beautiful

 
My first born. Oh how I love you.
You are my little best friend.
 
Today I got to do something I haven't done in way too long.
I had some 1 on 1 time with my girl.
 
We went to run some errands and wash my car and she was so excited to help. I let her take the sprayer and foam brush and do as much as she wanted. (Which is a big deal for me because I usually find it a challenge to get my car clean as quickly as possible, using as little quarters as I can.)
 
It reminded me of when I was a child. I always loved going to the car wash with my parents and getting to help them. I still love it, but now I'm the parent.
 
I was reminded how important it is to know my children individually. To spend time with them alone and do the things they want to do. We are a big family time sort of family. We love being all together. I am home all day with my 3 children and at 4:00 my husband comes home and we enjoy the evening together as a family. But today I was reminded how important and fun it is to have some quality time with each of my children. I will always encourage family time as a priority and encourage (force) my children to be friends. But now I will also have individual quality time as a priority as well.
 
Today the sun was shining and it was beautiful.
Today my Kai was shining and she was beautiful.
 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...