Oct 8, 2014

Not Everyone Plus Size Needs to Lose Weight #write31days Day 8

Hey Guys! Here we are a week into the challenge. I wanted to say thanks for following along.
I just had a simple thought that I wanted to share today. Not everyone overweight needs to lose weight. There are a lot of overweight, happy, healthy people out there. And I don't think we should all fit into a cookie cutter mold and all be a size 6.
I am not trying to lose weight because I want to fit in or be accepted. No, this is my personal mission, my challenge to find health, happiness, and energy in my life. This is a personal goal to do this for myself, my husband, and my kids. I want to say that I am not pushing my own goals on anyone else. And I don't think these goals are for everyone.
Please know that you are beautiful at any size. I rarely look at magazines, but I know it's tempting to compare ourselves to the super models/celebrities on the covers. But Don't!
Love yourself as you are. It's ok to love yourself and your imperfections and flaws. It's ok to love yourself and still want to make changes.
I have a lot of insecurities in my life. And sometimes I wonder what all I have missed out on because of one of them. I'm done letting insecurities run my life. And my plus sized weight is one of my biggest insecurities. Taking me away from too much of my life.
Nah... no more. Bye Bye insecurity! I'm kicking you to the curb!!

I love that finding health isn't just a physical thing. It truly is emotional and spiritual, too! What's the point of being 100% physically healthy if we are dead inside? I'm looking forward to using my running time (once I learn how to catch my breath while moving) as a time of worship, soul searching, thinking, and growing.



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...