Oct 5, 2014

It's Up To Me #write31days Day 4/5

It's the weekend and just like everything else on the weekend I get lax. And I missed a day of blogging on my 31 day challenge, but that's ok. Just like I need to do in all areas of my life: I am picking up today and I am going to keep going! Not wait until Monday, nope starting now. (It is Sunday at 10 pm, but still this counts as not waiting.) I hope no one is looking to me for perfection, because you won't get it here.

Last night I was thinking and I realized something - I had an aha moment.

 

NO ONE IS GOING TO DO THIS FOR ME.

 

I think I really keep waiting for someone to lose this weight for me. For my husband to make me do it. For God to miraculously take off the extra pounds. For a doctor to tell me I have to do it or else. Or maybe for a magic pill to appear and it'll happen over night.

But no, none of that is going to happen. This losing weight thing is up to me. It will be hard work. It will take effort. It will take consistency. It isn't just going to happen on it's own.

I am going to have to lose this weight myself.

I am the one who eats the sweets, I am going to have to be the one to put in the effort to work it off.

I am thankful I do not have to rely on my own willpower, but I am seeking strength and some self-control through the Holy Spirit.

So tomorrow I really am starting. No for real this time guys. I've been in prediet feast mode and have gained another 5 pounds. And since no one is going to do this for me, I just have to start. And start again and again. I have to start so many times that there is no time to quit. No I will not be perfect, but if I don't quit then perfection is not necessary.

 

Here are my goals for tomorrow.

  • Count all of my points for Weight Watchers.
  • Do Day 1 of Couch to 5k.

 

So readers here is where I am going to ask you to help me.

Check in with me Monday night and hold me accountable.

 

 

 

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...