Oct 5, 2014

I'm OK with Small

 

Your platform may be small, but your influence can still be BIG!

 

It's easy to want BIG. A big house, a big promotion, and for me and many others a big blog. My blog is small, very small. A few handfuls of people are so wonderful to read it. But sometimes I forget to be grateful for that because I want a big blog. I want hundreds of people to read each of my posts. Because surely I can't be reaching others for His Kingdom if it's such a small space in this big, big world (wide web).

You may be tempted to stop reading now because you don't have a blog. But I think this goes beyond the blogging world.

Yesterday a friend of mine text me asking me to pray about joining her next year to a blogging conference. So of course my first thought was yeah right, I don't go to things like that. (My fellow introverts know how that is always our first thought.) But it looks amazing! I read and read their website and even watched an hour long youtube video of an interview with the leaders. It looks awesome and I am hoping that I am able to go and join a couple of my friends at this thing!

But anyways, something I read over and over that they truly believe is that there isn't such a thing as too small or too big. They shouted from their pages that you don't have to be big to have an INFLUENCE.

Our platforms don't have to be big to have an influence for His Kingdom all around us. What are our platforms? Our homes, jobs, neighbors, social media, strangers and blogs. The people we should be reaching are those around us. I have a blog and I wonder if it really matters. Does it make a difference? Surely not. It has to be bigger and better for God to be able to use me.

No, no, no! That is a lie from Satan. The Bible is full of people the world would say were not important and had no following.

I need to not worry about my blog following, and care more for those of you who do read it that are following Christ and those of you who have not made the decision to follow him yet.

We need to care more about loving others than we do about getting likes on our most recent picture we posted. What good are we doing if we aren't using the platforms God has given us to do his good deeds?

So yes, my little DoodleSpot may be small, but I have a BIG message to share. And I won't stop sharing it. I will share His Good News by sharing my life, my stories, my thoughts, and His Word.

Genesis 50:20 says "You intended to harm me, but God intended it all for good. He brought me to this position so I could save the lives of many people."

I think this verse has a lot of punch to it. And I plan on sharing a different aspect of it soon, but reading the second sentence in it. He has brought me to this position, this place and time, so I could save the lives of many people. No I can not save anyone. But Jesus can. And by sharing my life and being open and real with you guys allows Jesus to use me for His Kingdom and His will. I want to encourage you to do the same. I know it is hard. I am an introvert and would rather keep to myself all the time. But maybe it's time we push past our comfort zones. I struggle with being face to face with people, I struggle admitting my struggles. I try my best to keep a smile on my face and put my best foot forward just like most of you.

But I am done. I can not do that any longer. If I am always walking around saying, "I'm fine." with a smile on my face. That doesn't give you permission to be real about your struggles. And it is through being open that we are able to let Jesus do something to us on the inside.

So if God has you at a job be a blessing to your coworkers, customers, etc. If God has you at home with your children then please be a blessing to them. Read the Bible to them, teach them about Jesus, and help to train their characters. If God has given you a blog, no matter if there is one person reading it or 1000, use that platform to shout his good name.

Jesus came. He died for our sins. And He rose again.

"We are ambassadors for Christ, God making his appeal through us. We implore you on behalf of Christ, be reconciled to God." 2 Corinthians 5:20

Have influence. Use your platform. And don't be afraid of being small. Because when we are weak, He is strong. He gives grace to the humble, but opposes the proud. In our weaknesses, His power is made perfect. We must decrease so He can increase.

It's ok if you are big. Use it. Because God is the one who gave it to you. But also don't be afraid to be small. Take what God has given you and work at it with all your heart as though you were working for Him. (1 Cor 10:31)

My goal is to someday hear this at the end... Matthew 25:23, "The master said, 'Well done, my good and faithful servant. You have been faithful in handling this small amount, so now I will give you many more responsibilities. Let's celebrate together!'"

 

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...