Sep 4, 2014

Zekey 6 months update

What?!
No Way!!
Mr. Zekey, how in the world are you already 6 months old?!

Let's take a look at what you've been up to this past month.

Let me tell you something little man. You are the happiest, sweetest little guy. Oh you are so precious.
Mommy is doing her best to create a 100% momma's boy! And it's working. It melts my heart to see your face light up when you see your mommy walk into the room.

Everyone says you look just like your Daddy - actually they kind of freak out a bit and do a double take. You've been called his clone. He's a pretty great guy and pretty cute so I suggest you take that as a compliment.

We went to your 6 month check up and you weight 21 pounds and are 27.5" long.
We decided to wait on getting your shots; I think wait until you're a little older to get them. Some people may not agree with that, but we talked to your doctor and prayed about it and Daddy and I think that is the best plan for you right now.
You are my chunky monkey. Your rolls and thunder thighs are very pinchable. Probably because you don't miss a meal. You've decided you need to eat twice in the middle of the night. Daddy and I miss our sleep.
You drink bottles all day, but have cereal for breakfast and right before bed. Baby food will be starting this month.

I definitely can't forget to mention 2 little girls that are gah gah over you!!!!
They don't talk to me in the morning with their grumpy little attitudes, but as soon as they see you their faces light up and they start with the baby talk. You ADORE them!!! I know you are just itching to be able to follow them around. You can't get enough of them and they feel the same way about you. It's such a special bond you 3 have.

I can't imagine life without you. You definitely belong in our family. My heart is so full for you. You will always hold a special place in my heart. I never knew having a boy, a son, would be so amazing. I am thankful for you daily. I pray for you Zekey. For who you will become and that you will choose to chase after God all of your days.
Last night I was praying for your future wife. I may need to start already because of a jealousy I'll have for another woman to be more important than your old momma. I guess I'll be ok being 2nd in line. (Maybe 4th behind your sisters too.) It's ok though Zeke. Your mommy will always be here for you. Through all the good times and all the hard times. When you're 6 months old and when you're 16, and 36. You just keep on smiling and laughing. Because that's what you're good at. (BTW - you are so ticklish, it's too fun to tickle you!)

I always have a zillion things to do until you fall asleep on me. I could sit there like that all day. And sometimes I do. :)
You learned how to sit up this month and you're getting good at sitting up. I feel like a helicopter mom when you start wobbling. You've only bonked over a few times.
And seriously... these jammies on you. You're such a big boy. I like putting you in jammies just because you're so cute.
Well Hello There Handsome!
You love just chilling and hanging out.
I love you everyday.



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...