Aug 4, 2014

Baby Weight Blues

Unfortunately, there comes a point after having a baby that I guess it is no longer acceptable to wear maternity clothes. I think I have reached that point, well honestly, I've probably passed that point. My "fat clothes" with stretchy middles. Ok, ok, I'll admit it. I live in yoga pants.

My baby is 5 months old now and well, I'm still wearing that baby weight. Before getting pregnant with Zeke my husband and I had lost 80 pounds! As soon as I was at my goal weight, we decided we wanted another little one and would start trying to conceive. I gained 20 lbs back fast during that time and was sitting there for over a year. Then came the positive pregnancy test. WOOHOO!!! And then the weight kept coming back. ALL OF IT. My motto was, "I'm going to get fat anyway, I might as well enjoy it." And oh I did. I didn't just "eat for two". I ate for two grown 500 pound men. I also stopped exercising the day we decided to have another baby.

Don't ask why. I have no idea why. I. Was. Stupid.

And now here I am, for some reason still not exercising and eating for 2 grown fat men. CONFESSION: I LOVE sweets! I could eat cookies and ice cream all day everyday.

But like I said, I have reached the point. I need to lose the weight. I want to lose weight. I want to be healthy again. I don't really enjoy wearing yoga pants everyday. Ok that's not a complete truth. They probably are the most comfy pants there ever was. But maybe I should wear my exercise pants, while actually exercising?

I want to fit into my "skinny" clothes again. I want to have the energy to run around the block and play while being able to keep up with my 3 young kids. I want to be a good role model for my girls. Kai is a mini-me and has a sweet tooth bigger than mine! That girl has already picked up my bad habits. She LOVES cookies. And I don't want that for her. I want the sweets to be an occasional treat, not an everyday staple.

Now I have done some work since Zeke was born, I have lost 30 pounds so far (it probably helped he was 8lbs of it), but like I said, I ate a lot during my pregnancy. So I still have 35 I want to lose!

And I can't do it on my own. So what better way than to make it public and ask for accountability? Oh, isn't the internet a wonderful thing? I can tell all the world (well, the few of you who read my little blog) all about my baby weight issues. But I am thankful you are here and reading. I want to continue to blog about my weight loss. I'm not sure what form that will take, but I would really appreciate you checking in with me and seeing if I have been exercising and eating less and healthier.

 

I know what I need to do. I just need to do it.

 

Left: At my goal weight (The day we decided to have more kids.)

Middle: 36 weeks pregnant

Right: Now

 

Confession: Today as I am typing this it is Thursday. I guess I'm typing that to see how many days it takes for me to get brave and post this. Maybe I should start on Monday? All good diets start on Monday, right?

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...