Jul 8, 2014

Mission Field

 

Where is your mission field?

 

"And all of this is a gift from God, who brought us back to himself through Christ. And God has given us this task of reconiciling people to him. For God was in Christ, reconciling the world to Himself, no longer counting people's sins against them. And he gave us this wonderful message of reconciliation. So we are Christ's ambassador's; God is making his appeal through us. We speak for Christ when we plead, "Come back to God!" 2 Corinthians 5:18-20

 

What is our mission?

We are God's ambassadors. God is depending on us to say yes to Him so He can use us. (Actually, He can use us if we are willing to or not, but I'd rather choose to be willing.) We are His voice! Whoa! We speak for Him! We are the ones to share His message.

We are the ones that need to let others know that Jesus Christ is the hope of the world.

Are you pleading with others to "come back to God"?

Or are you to busy to worry about God?

Or maybe you are too scared to talk to someone about God, because what will they think of you then?

God has given us the TASK to RECONCILE PEOPLE TO HIM!

Ok so that is the message, but where is your mission field?

The baseball field? Home? Work? Your commute to work? Your children? The park? Church? Your neighborhood? Facebook? The grocery store?

Wherever we go is our mission field!!!

My mission field is my home. To support my husband, to train up my kids, and I also try to use this blog for the glory of God, passing on his message.

However, I need to stop using that home is where my mission field is as an excuse to not reach out to the lost, the hurting, and the ones who have left the faith. Because wherever we go is our mission field. So when I am home - home is my mission field. When I am in the waiting room at the doctor's office that becomes my mission field. When I take my kids to story time at the library, then the library is then my mission field.

What do I mean mission field? Jesus gave us the task to speak for Him! To tell others about the message of who He is. One message. One mission. So where are we going to share that message? At our mission field - to the people around us.

One way you can share the message is to invite someone to church or back to church. (Just a tip that we follow at our church: if they're already going to church somewhere - they are off limits. Invite those that don't have a church home or haven't been to church in a long time.)

But remember you who have Jesus living in your hearts that U R the chURch. So don't just depend on the church building, the preachers and the Sunday morning experience to be the only "Jesus" you or others get.

We are to be the light for the world. When Jesus is living in us, we are the hope. How do we shout out His message? We Love God and Love Others! We are to live out his mission he gave to us and to yell out His message, "Jesus is the Hope of the world."

 

We exist to bring glory to God - giving Him value in our lives.

Jesus died for YOU and for me. He died to take our place and He conquered death.

I have to stop taking that as a ho-hum thing and really start living like Christ is living inside of me and is #1 in my life like I say He is and like I want him to be.

So since home is my mission field what should that look like? How do I speak for Christ while I am at home and with my family?

This is what I am aim to do:

I pray for and with my husband. I support, encourage, listen, love, respect, sacrifice, and submit to him. I do what I can to make home a peaceful place for him. I tell my kids about Jesus and read the Bible to them. I pray with them and for them. I pray that as they grow they will accept Jesus into their hearts as their Lord and Savior. I train them and teach them the values we have in our home. I love them unconditionally and teach them how to love others the same way.

 

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. These commandments that I give you today are to be on your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up." Deuteronomy 6:5-7

 

Wherever we are is right where God has us to be. We must be content in all circumstances and no matter if we are on top of a mountain or in the valley we must always be sharing his message with others.

So today I want to plead with you to look around you. Who has God placed in your life? You are His voice. He's waiting for you to speak up for him. Maybe your coworker is broken and is waiting for someone to shed some light of hope of healing. Maybe your child has rebelled and is lost and has turned away from his faith. Maybe your neighbor is alone and about to give up. Whoever it is. Whoever is near you. They are the ones that Jesus wants you to share his message with.

"Come back to God."

 

Yesterday at church we had an amazing service! And it had one of those sermons that you left really thinking about. These are some of my thoughts from it. I'm thankful for a pastor who is always striving to equip me to become the church.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...