Dec 10, 2013

Snow Days

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!
 
2 weeks until Christmas Day! Wow! And this past week we had the snow to show for it! Thursday afternoon it started snowing and didn't stop until Friday. I think we had around 6". The girls were in AWE and they couldn't wait to get outside and play in it.
 
With the snow we got a no school snow day Thursday. and Friday. and Monday. and Tuesday!!!
 
Yes 4 consecutive snow days! Plus add in the weekend. I loved it. I love having both girls home. And am very thankful my hubby only works 1/2 a mile away from home!
_______________________--
Our Elf has returned - Fingalona SnowGirl.
Kairi especially loves this tradition. The very very first thing she does every morning is go search for Fingalona and see what she's been up to. I teased her that I was going to make Fingalona not come back from the North Pole until 10 in the morning because she was waking up too early to look for her - especially on Snow Days.
 
They waited all day for it to start snowing.
 
It looked like a winter wonderland behind our house.
 
I don't really enjoy being outside in the snow with my fingers and toes freezing off, but I would do anything for my kids and did not want to miss out on this special memory in the making!
 
Fingalona brought the girls new pajamas and in perfect timing. I'm pretty sure Brayce wore hers 3 nights and days straight.
 
They really do love each other. Best Sisters!
 
Lots of snuggle times on the couch to watch Christmas movies! Favorite place with my family!
 
My Miss Thing
 
 
I love having our Christmas tree up! After we put the girls to bed my husband and I spend our time together on the couch, watching sports. And during these snow days we started reading the Divergent series. I'm on book #3. It's good stuff.
Staying up late and extra snuggles! Loving it!
 
Our sad attempt at building a snowman. The snow was so powdery it would barely pack together. The girls didn't care! They loved it.
 
Our public library does such neat activities for kids. Today they did a craft with the kids and helped them make and wrap them so the kids had a present to give to their mommies and daddies. The girls are so excited to surprise us with what they made!

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...