Oct 5, 2013

The LIST

I don't like change all that much, but I do love the change that comes from Summer turning into Fall. I love the cooler weather and being able to live in sweatpants and a hoodie. I love having my windows open and the breeze coming through the house. I love the smell of pumpkin spice coming from candles. I love that the bugs are dying. I love being able to be outside without sweating. I love snuggling under a cozy blanket. I love football and the sound of football on TV. And today for the first time ever, I love the smell of homemade chili coming from my kitchen.

A friend of mine and a fellow blogger at Love Letters With Coffee has started a brand new series on her blog. And I loved the idea of it so much I had to join her! She made a list of 52 things she wanted to accomplish this year before her next birthday. She said she wants this year to be a year where she finally gets all the things she's wanted to try or master out of the way and put it under her belt.

Well, I didn't think there was any way I could think of 52 things I wanted to do this year. But I thought I could do a 30 before 30. Yes, I will be 30 next year! WHOA! I started my list and well it just kept getting longer and longer. I think it is at 92 right now. Is that even possible to accomplish/do/see/try 92 things in one year?!

Well, if you'd like to follow along with me this year (and my friend Jill over at Love Letters with Coffee - linked above), I'm going to give it my best shot! I am going to hang my list on my fridge and cross them out as I get them done. And I am going to blog about it as I go!

I need to think of a catchy name for the blog series - Any ideas?? And I need a cute little "button" design to put with my blog posts. *hint hint husband.

My list is all over the place. Ranging from something so small and doable that it has just been something on my to do list, to far fetched and maybe just a dream I've always had and might not happen. This might sound like a bucket list to you and well, I guess it kind of is. But it is a more goal directed list and one you plan to do this year - not just before you die. I got my husband to write a list of his own and I think he has 20 things already!! Grab your spouse or a friend and join us!

I think this is going to be an exciting way to be a better person this year and to be a more generous giver and Christ-follower. I am going to face fears and get out of my comfort zone. I am going to do things I never thought I would do, but have always wanted to. And things I have been needing to do for some time now!

And I'm going to share them with YOU!

So, what did the first paragraph of this blog post have to do with any of this?! Well, I am crossing off the first item of my list! Make a homemade pot of chili!!! My husband was so excited about this that I got big hugs and some kisses. Now, hopefully it tastes good! Because it sure is starting to smell good!



Get going and cross off that list! This is going to be a fun year!!!
___________
What would you put on your list?!?!

Will you help me finish the 8 slots to get to 100!!?!
Suggest it and I will pick my favorite 8 to add to MY list!



*EDIT: It was DELICIOUS!!!! YAY! 2 thumbs up!

3 comments:

  1. Sew a baby clothes quilt? Do a progressive dinner with your family? Do your top 5 fav ideas on pinterest?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What is a progressive dinner?
      Thanks for your ideas!! :)

      Delete
  2. Thats funny Mandy, two of those are on my list. :D ah! ~ Jill

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...