Aug 14, 2013

I'm A Big Kid Now

My 4 year old ready to go meet her teacher before her first day of school!

 
Rocking the Vera Bradley
 
Little sister is proud of Sissy and is excited to go see her classroom.

 

Kai with her teacher Mrs. A - It's going to be a good year.

 
We went to bed early last night in preparation of getting up early and having a BIG day! Kai slept so well and when I woke her up at 7:15 this morning she was all smiles.
We got dressed and were ready to head out the door! We stopped by to see Papa and Nonnie before walking to school.
Why does my 4 year old look like she's 7?!
 
Daddy, Mommy, and Kairi made the 0.4 mile walk to school. (WE LOVE living right next to the school.) It was actually almost chilly this morning! Such a perfect beautiful morning.
The walk was a peaceful time to get to prepare Kairi for her day and just be with our "baby" one last time before she grew up.

 

She was all smiles and was READY.
We walked her into her classroom, helped her put her bookbag in her cubby and she gave us a big hug and kiss! YES!! I hope she doesn't outgrow that for a long time! Even when I'm "old and embarrassing."
I volunteered in the cafeteria for 2 hours to help the PreK and Kindergarten kids with their breakfast. Really, today I just wanted to stay there just a little bit longer to make sure my girl didn't need me. I wanted to make sure she felt comfortable, but without just standing around in the way where they would have to drag me out of there. I had a job and it kept me busy. Then in came Kairi's class. She looked so big over there going through the line. I was so proud of her for making the choices that were best for her when it came to choosing which breakfast items she wanted. She was going to be able to do this. After 30 minutes of breakfast, they dumped their trays and were leaving to head back to their class and I got one more hug and kiss from my girl. I wished her a GREAT day and as she walked away I prayed for God to keep her safe and give her courage.
That was the first moment I thought I was going to cry bawl. But it was a good thing I was about to have to help 150+ more kids find their seats and open their milk.
I walked back home and got Braycee from Nonnie's house and then we went with 2 of my good friends to a local coffee shop to chat for a couple hours. They both have an elementary student and a kindergartener so they had great advice to help me feel comfortable with leaving my Kai all day with people I didn't know. Girl time was fun and refreshing.
I received so many texts from friends today checking in on me asking how I was and to let me know they were praying for me today! What sweet friends. I know that God gave me the peace and the courage that I needed to make it through the day! So appreciative for them and for my husband who is such a loving father and I am thankful that we were able to walk to school together!
 
Braycee and I headed home where she took a nap before we walked to go pick Sissy up at 2:50. I was ready!! About the point this picture was taken I was getting so anxious and sick to my stomach. I didn't know what I was going to do if I saw my girl and her face was red with tears. I prayed the whole way to the school for a big smile and a happy girl.

 

And this was the face I was greeted with!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

She said with the biggest smile, "I LIKED IT!!! I had FUN!!!" as she held her sisters hand and twirled in her dancing circles!
She looked at me and said in a happy giddy voice, "I WANT TO DO IT AGAIN!!! 50 times!!!"
Those were all the things I needed to hear to know that this was going to be a good thing. I was going to be able to do this. She was going to thrive and love it. She let me take a few more pictures outside of her school and was running with excitement!

 

 

We headed back home and I asked her ALL about her day and she answered every question (that's a big deal for Kai!). I got to hear about everything, which made me so happy to know about her day. Of course recess was her FAVORITE and they got to do that 2 times so she was extra happy. She was so sweet with Braycee telling her "I love you, Braycee." They missed each other today because as Brayce said about Kai being gone at school, "We are best friends."
 
Jonathan and I wanted to celebrate her big, first day so what better way to celebrate than with ICE CREAM!? And we ran into Kai's BFF, Hannah!!!

 

So now my girls are in bed sleeping preparing for another fun day! (Little does Brayce know that tomorrow we are spending the day cleaning the house and doing laundry!)

 

2 comments:

  1. I am so proud of you & her! Thanks for sharing such a special day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad it was a wonderful day! Kai is a blessed little girl to have a mommy who will pray over her and her day. Good job, momma!!

    Charla

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...