Apr 23, 2013

Let Me Introduce You


If you are a blog reader then I am guessing you have heard of Kelly's Korner. Kelly's blog is very well known and visited by many in the blogging world. She is a mom of 2 toddlers in northwest Arkansas who blogs about her family and life. If you haven't visited her site, you can click the link above mine! She keeps it real and seems to have a very kind, loving spirit!
She often does LINK UPS of different topics and currently her and a few other bloggers are doing a series called Build 'Em Up.
I missed the first one, but really like the topic so I will probably go back and write about it, but I also really like this weeks and didn't want to miss it!
FRIENDSHIP

I'd like to take this opportunity to introduce you to some of my best friends!

My KTOWN girls
I met this group of girls in elementary school, 2 of them even before that as a baby at church in the nursery! This is Meggie, Jill, Jaryn, Jess, (Me), and Brittany! This is our most recent picture from Christmas a few months ago. I have SO many memories of these girls. We grew up together, we played basketball together, countless slumber parties, too many silly fights, birthday parties, vacations and more! We graduated high school together 10 years ago!!!! Now we are 28 and these are still the girls that I can go to for anything, call to share exciting news, to ask for prayer, cry, laugh, whatever the situation calls for! I am thankful we still see each other several times a year! I'm the only one who moved far away so they are always so great to all get together when I come to back to town! These girls will always be my BFFs!
my MFF, Cassie
Cassie and I became best friends in high school and were roommates for awhile during college. We've been through a lot together. The good, bad, and ugly. I'm pretty sure she knows me better then I know myself. Cassie and I live 4 hours apart as well. We text each other daily! We talk about EVERYTHING. Always laughing and sharing funny stories! She is also a stay at home mom with 2 young daughters, which is a very fun thing to have in common. Cassie and I differ on so many world views but we respect each other and can disagree while still getting along! I love this girl. She's been there for me in my lowest of times and my best of times, she was my maid of honor!

G-Girlfriends
When I moved to the town I live in now (G) 6 years ago I didn't know anyone besides my husband and his parents. I love G, but it was always missing something. FRIENDS. Jonathan and I prayed for 5 years for couple friends and had just about given up. I remember saying, "maybe God doesn't want us to have friends."
1 year ago we got to know these wonderful people God brought to G. They all go to COS and are loving, fun, godly people. Most of them have moved here within the past 2 years. They all have young kids and most are stay at home moms. I love my girls and Jonathan has a great group of buddies. We are both in a Bible Study (men's and women's) and have really gotten to know each other better this past 6 months. These friends are an answer to prayer.
Jonathan and I are homebodies and had to start putting ourselves out there more. It was scary to do that, I feared rejection, but I am so thankful I did and that they thought I was 'cool' enough to hang out with. :)
To have a group of friends in G that support each other, pray for one another and that have fun together is more then I imagined in my prayers. God is good!
Meet my G friends:
Love these 3 girls! Rachel, Melissa, and Brenda - they are too much fun!
The next 2 pictures are the girls in my Bible Study group. They are very special to me!!
Stacy, Vanessa, Lynn, and (not pictured) Amanda

Let me introduce you to my beautiful Mother In Law, Lynda

Lynda is my shopping buddy! We love Vera Bradley, Target, and Old Navy. Lynda is more than my MIL, she is my friend. We have fun together and I am glad I get to do life with Lynda. Also, she is a huge help to me as I try my best to raise these 2 girls. She loves spending time with us and often cooks us dinner. I love all the fun times we have together and all the fun places we visit. I try not to get jealous when my children beg to live with her instead of me. :)

My FAMILY, my very closest best friends
My husband is my best friend, my lover, my everything. And I love to spend all my time with my girls! We have lots of fun together. We are the fab 4. I could go on and on about them, but look around my blog for a couple minutes to learn more about their awesomeness!!!!
-----------------------------------------------------------
I couldn't have made it through life without all of these friends. Some friends come and go, some stay for a lifetime. There are different friends for different seasons of life. But I believe the ones I listed above are those lifetime friends! (Now, if I didn't put you on here that does not mean you aren't my friend! God truly has blessed me with so many people I care about. Please do not get your feelings hurt. The blog could only be so long.) These friends care about me, love me, support me, and pray for me. And more importantly, I LOVE being a friend to them!!! I love being able to help them and pray for them. I am thankful God has put all of these people in my life.
To have a friend you have to BE a friend.
As you can see I am beyond blessed with friendships and I am busy praying for my girls and their friendships. Life is hard, but with good, godly friends we have the support we need to make wise choices. We can get into a lot of trouble by hanging out with the wrong crowd. I pray that the girls will have lifelong best friends that encourage them to love God and love others. I also pray that they will always be best friends to each other.
I love that my G friends have kids the girls' age and that COS has a growing kids' ministry for my kids to grow up with so many godly, cute kids!

This is Hannah, Kairi's best friend. They have been friends since Kai was born!!

I hope to see pics of them together when they are 28! :)

Look at all these little friends the girls have!!! How blessed are they. My prayers are already being answered for them! Most of these kids are the children of our friends.

SISTERS make the greatest FRIENDS!
I pray that Brayce and Kai will always be best friends. That's what a sister is for! They are exactly 2 years apart. I know they will have their fights, but I love to see how they look out for the other one. They'll probably gang up against me down the road!!


Some verses from the Bible that speak on FRIENDS.
As irorn sharpens iron, a friend sharpens a friend. (Proverbs 27:17)
They visit me as if they were my friends, but all the while they gather gossip, and when they leave, they spread it everywhere. (Psalms 41:6) -- Uh oh! Be careful ladies when you get together.
Wounds from a sincere friend are better than many kisses from an enemy. (Proverbs 27:6 NLT) - always be honest!
The godly give good advice to their friends; the wicked lead them astray. (Proverbs 12:26 NLT) LOVE
Love prospers when a fault is forgiven, but dwelling on it separates close friends. (Proverbs 17:9 NLT) SO TRUE
A troublemaker plants seeds of strife; gossip separates the best of friends. (Proverbs 16:28 NLT)
Many will say they are loyal friends, but who can find one who is truly reliable? (Proverbs 20:6 NLT) Be a good friend!
This is my beloved and this is my friend. Song of Songs 5:16 HUSBAND!!
So now we can rejoice in our wonderful new relationship with God because our Lord Jesus Christ has made us friends of God. (Romans 5:11 NLT) The most important friendship of all!!!!




4 comments:

  1. Love that you point out, to have a friend you have to be a friend! So very true. Thankd for sharing and for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is great. loved seeing all of the photos and thrilled you shared the verses at the bottom. thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rereading the blog, I love it, and I love being your best friend (with benefits)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by ladies! So fun to do a link up with these amazing bloggers! Plus a great excuse to brag about my amazing friends God has blessed me with! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...