Jan 8, 2013

RESOLOOPSIES!!!

How's it going?
Well, one week into the new year and I can't say that I am doing the best on my resolutions. You can see my resolution post here: 2013 Resolutions. I usually do good for at least the first 2 months. I'm thinking this is just a slow start! Well, at least that's what I'm going to make it!

I'm failing with: the LAUNDRY. I am good at keeping it clean - it's folding it and putting it away that I stink at! Our room is lined with laundry baskets overflowing with clean clothes. My husband said if I was going to break one of my resolutions it might as well be this one! :) He's so supportive. Need to find a laundry system that works for me!

Confession: I have not been to the gym yet or done anything active for that matter. My goals of being a runner and running a half this year have not gone anywhere. It will happen though! My friends go to the gym at 5:15 3 days a week. No, no - that's 5:15 AM!!! I set my alarm yesterday and well I didn't get out of bed until 8:30. That's more my thing. But I know how handy it is to get to the gym first thing, before the girls wake up and before Jonathan goes to work so I am going to start going at 7ish! I'm going to try that out and see how it works. Won't be as much fun because I think when I work out with Rachel, Melissa, and Brenda we do more laughing then squats! But I figure going at 7 is better then not going at all. I'll keep you updated on this.

My husband brought home the budget forms for me so I can get that filled out and we can stick with it. We have been shopping 3 times already (yes 3 times in the past 8 days.) But we have done a lot better then before. We are going to be using the CASH system with a couple of the areas that we tend to overspend in. Spending cash hurts a lot more then swiping the card. (We [try to] follow Dave Ramsey's financial advice/budget forms/cash system.)


I started a 'read the Bible in a year' plan on the first and I am happy to announce that I am way ahead of schedule! I have already gone through Genesis, Exodus, and Job. And I am starting Psalms today. But I have not been reading them. The Youversion app (get it!!) is amazing!!! It has an option that it will read to you!!! A couple nights this week, I painted our bathroom and listened to the Bible while I worked. It was great! Ok, the 2nd half of Exodus is not the most exciting thing, but hey! I got through it.


Tomorrow is the new Spring colors for Vera Bradley. Eeekk. Can you say PLUM CRAZY!?! But one of my resolutions is to slow down on my VB collection. So I'm going to have to stay off of their website. Tooooo tempting.



So overall I am doing ok, but I definitely have to focus on some of the areas a little more and make a plan! But I am trying to live in the NOW and not so much worry with the destination. On Sunday Pastor Mike is preaching a sermon series called: BEST YEAR EVER (www.grovecos.com) and I loved it. One thing he said is "the PATH always determines the DESTINATION." So while I am concerned with my destination, I have to make sure I am staying on the path that leads to where I want to go. He also mentioned that only a fool thinks he can get to the destination with out having to do the work. Hello! Can't I be skinny while eating brownies and not getting off the couch?! Please!!! I thought that statement was perfect for all of my resolutions.


I have to do the work!!! I have to do all sorts of things to meet each one of my resolutions. I don't want to be a fool. I want to do God's will for my life. I want to make Him proud. I also want to be proud of my accomplishments. Knowing that I worked hard and fought for the things that are important to me. Improving myself as a Follower of Christ, wife, mother, friend, and person.
I do believe that 2013 will be the BEST YEAR EVER!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...