Nov 7, 2012

Confession

One thing I have learned the hard way over and over is to never say never.

The only absolute in this world is Jesus Christ and His Word. Everything else changes.

4 years ago when I was pregnant with my first child a friend of mine which was the coordinator of MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers) in our town at that time asked me to join. several times. I said no repeatedly but she is persistent so finally I agreed and joined the steering team. I went to 2 steering team meetings and decided it just was not for me.

For the next 4 years I said, "No way, Jose! I'm not a MOPS mom."

Well... today I became a MOPS mom.

Lately, I have been afraid of committing to anything. Even a play date, or an appointment, or well, anything. A couple friends of mine have been asking me to join and try it out. No pressure, just try it. I kept saying no. I think because I had been so absolute that I would NEVER be a MOPS mom, but I have been thinking about joining MOPS for the past 2 months, but hadn't yet because I am pretty good at coming up with excuses.

Isn't God great to put friends into our lives? I asked a couple questions about the meeting to my friend, Rachel and said MAYBE - my new favorite word that I would love to quit saying. But this morning I told my husband that I didn't think I was going to go and he said yes you are.

I don't think I was nervous; I was just pretty sure I wouldn't like it. But I thought hey, I don't have to join; I can just try this and say I did it and then leave. If you can't tell, I don't like to try new things. But I felt comfortable because MOPS meets in our church building so that was familiar and when I walked in I realized I knew almost all of the ladies there already. I love these ladies. They are women of God and are my friends. Ok, I can do this I decided.

I took the girls to their Moppets classes and joined the ladies. Today's talk was about gift giving. Shana, one of the former MOPS mom's demonstrated several different gifts we could make. And they had supplies at all of our spots to make the things along with her.

I decided I would go ahead and join. I enjoyed the fellowship with these ladies. I am thankful for my friends for not giving up on me and asking me until I said yes. (Stacy, Melissa, Rachel, Brenda, and Lynn) I mean, Rachel did a cartwheel when I joined. That's a good friend. lol I look forward to the relationships I will build through MOPs and how God will use this in my life to minister to others and as a tool to grow myself.

You can visit our MOPS blog here or check out MOPs International to find a MOPS organization near you.
____________
Talk about it:
Do you participate in a MOPs program where you live? What do you think of it? How has it enriched your life? Will I like it?

1 comment:

  1. Mops is wonderful! I really miss being able to go :( They are some wonderful ladies. And its always fun!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...