Aug 1, 2012

What's Your Story?

Everybody has a story... even before you know it's a story.

I started blogging almost 5 years ago. I didn't have anything to say or anything terribly special going on in my life at the time. Actually my first post was about me staying at home dog-sitting. I have never been good with words or telling a story. I'm one of those people that can never can get a punch line in a joke right! Through the 5 years I have been very off and on with how often I post. Many years I posted once and then a whole year would pass before coming to my blog again. This past January I decided once again to start blogging and almost started a new blog, but decided to keep my old one. I am very happy I did. This blog is a place for me to keep my memories and a one stop shop to look through my life.
So there's nothing special going on in my life?
In the past 5 years, I have bought a house, been pregnant twice, gave birth to 2 daughters, been on vacations & trips, changed careers, had nieces & nephews, grown, had struggles, cried, laughed, and Jesus has moved in my life.
That's a whole lot of story to tell. That's a lot of opportunity to connect with someone else.
I do not have thousands or even hundreds of followers and my blog is not top notch. But it is my piece of the internet where I can do what I want and say what I want. I can encourage and inspire. I can cry and vent. I can share. I can tell my story.
My biggest hope with my blog is to bring glory to God. I hope through sharing my life that someone can connect with me. We all have a common denominator where we can meet each other at a starting point. If you also are a wife or mother then you can relate to many of my stories. If you are a pastor's wife then you can relate to those posts. If you are trying to lose weight and become healthy then you probably understand a lot of what I talk about. No matter how big or small the common point is there is one with each of us.

It's not about my blog or the words I say, but it's about God using me to connect us. To speak through me. It's about relating to someone that is in the same situation as me, or has been through the same thing. It's about telling what God has done in our lives and giving Him all the praise and glory!

I think everyone should blog. I think everyone has a story to share. Even if it starts out as telling a glimpse into your boring day or if it starts out with the happiest day of your life, your wedding, or even sharing a tragedy. Tell your story.

My husband has a blog, that he never writes on and I always bug him about blogging because I think he has so much wisdom to share. However, he has started out on a new adventure. He has a goal to do an ironman! So he has entered training for it. He was telling me about a blog that he started reading of a guy who was in the same situation as him starting out and what he had accomplished. I told my husband he needed to start a blog, to share his story. Who knows what could come of his story, but no one will if he doesn't share it. Right now the "story" may seem like nothing special (to him) - he's not going for a gold medal in the olympics, but I really think God can use my husband to inspire and encourage others to live a healthy life and to set goals and go after them!!

I love reading blogs and being encouraged by others. I love the everyday posts that make up someone's life. I can't tell you how many times I have gotten ideas off of a blog that have resulted in a life long memory for the girls and me.

Even if you choose not to blog, don't forget to tell your story to others. Allow people to come into your life and make an impact on those around you. Don't be scared to let people in.

I'm not saying my blog accomplishes all of these things that I want it to. But I do try to be open and share my daily victories and struggles to hopefully encourage even just one person to draw closer to God, to hug their children a little tighter, and to be intentional & live on purpose.

I want to thank each of my readers, my family & friends. For reading my posts & for sending me encouraging comments. Without the handful of you, I'd just be talking to myself - which a lot of times I might be but that's ok.

I'm not sure what's in store for my blog or even for my life, but I am excited to share the steps along the way with you.




Everyone has a story... Make sure you tell yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...