Aug 19, 2012

FRAUD

Having a church family is so important for so many reasons and I am thankful for the one I have been blessed with. Every Sunday my church family encourages me. Like today alone I heard twice if you turn sideways I can't even see you. And if you lose anymore weight you are going to blow away into dust. (Lol, not sure if that ones a compliment but I think I knew what he meant.) So many people ask about my weight loss and let me know how I have encouraged them and encourage me to keep working hard. 
But to be honest sometimes I feel like a fraud. As you probably know if you have ever visited my blog before I have lost some weight and exercising has become part of my life. However recently I have gained back 5 to 10 pounds (I need to lose 15 to 20 more lbs). And I have been eating a lot more junk food then I care to admit. And I have a membership to the gym but with as little as I have been using it I almost need a map to find it. Ok not really my town is small enough but you get what I'm saying. 
For the past 2 weeks I feel like I have a "word" that I am trying to apply to my life. That I am focusing on, praying about and struggling with. That word is CONSISTENCY! 
Today in church my FIL/preacher was talking about taking the next step in our journey of faith, but I couldn't help but to apply it to my journey of health. We have to love ourselves where we are but we need to have a goal of where we want to be, where our bodies operate at their best. So with any walk or journey we have to TAKE ONE STEP AT A TIME and we will NEVER reach who God created us to be if we are not willing to take the next step. 
What is my next step? What do I need to do to be on the right path to get me to where I want to be?
I know the right things to do but sometimes we can be overwhelmed if we think of Everything we have to do. I am so a list person and love to be organized. Some things that will be going on my list: juicing, gym 3 days a week, turbo fire, races/runs, and I will have to get organized with eating healthy and cooking. Even if there is a day where I mess it up or cheat. I must continue on and never give up. 
I hope people will hold me accountable to keep taking the next steps to continue on to become the healthy person I want to be. 
I do not want to be a fraud. I want to live a healthy lifestyle. I want to inspire and encourage others without feeling guilty that if they only knew what I ate the day before... 

What can I do today? One choice at a time. One step at a time. 

"Lazy people want much but get little, but those who work hard will prosper." Proverbs 13:4 
"Don't you realize in a race everyone runs, but only one person gets the prize? So run to win!" 1 Corinthians 9:24

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...