Jun 13, 2012

the Kitchen

Show Us Your Life HOME TOURS: the KITCHEN

           Visit Kelly's Korner click: here

This may not be one of my favorite rooms in my house and I don't spend enough time in here. I don't cook very much but I am working on changing that! My kitchen isn't everything I want it to be, but it is still home and someday I will make the changes to it to make it what I want it to be. We were planning on updating it last month but several other home projects got bumped up on the priority list and so we had to postpone this one. (Someday I would like new countertops, sink, backsplash, and a rug.)

BUT I am blessed with a kitchen that has cabinets and a refrigerator full of food to be able to feed my family. We do not go hungry or thirsty. It has running water and a stove to be able to cook. 

I am thankful for the things I have and am a happy homeowner. One thing about being a homeowner is the projects and home improvements never end. 

Welcome to my kitchen. Are you hungry? Come on in...

my kitchen
This is what it looked like when we bought the house.
Overlooking the backyard
I LOVE having all the pictures of my family on our fridge.
It is bright and fun & I update it often.
We love water at our house.

Where we throw our mail. "The Bowl"
These drive me crazy bc I feel like I'm always tripping over them.
But my 1 & 3 year old LOVE this little table and chairs.
Dinner around the table is always a special treat.
Home is where the heart is.


Psalm 107:9 "For He satisfies the thirsty and fills the hungry with good things."

Matthew 5:25-26 “That is why I tell you not to worry about everyday life—whether you have enough food and drink, or enough clothes to wear. Isn’t life more than food, and your body more than clothing? Look at the birds. They don’t plant or harvest or store food in barns, for your heavenly Father feeds them. And aren’t you far more valuable to him than they are?"

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the great reminder that if our kitchen has food and water and a place to cook on then we are more than blessed. I get envious seeing other's amazing kitchens and then I start comparing and mine never measures up. That is not where my focus should be though so thanks again.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...