Jun 2, 2012

From Where I Sit

This is "SHOW US YOUR LIFE: LIVING ROOM"

My friend, Jill's Blog follows a blog, Kelly's Korner, and she does a home tour series called Show Us Your Life. So I thought I would join in on the fun.
This is the first week and I get to show you my living room. 
My husband and I bought our house 4 years ago and when we moved in there were white walls everywhere! Not to mention a mirror ceiling fan! We wanted a cozy house with a Starbucks feel to it. We both think we achieved what we wanted and both feel right at home here and hope when other's visit they feel comfortable enough to kick off their shoes and relax!
We have made some minor updates and replaced all the seating furniture over the years in the living room. A few of my favorite things in the room are the rug, ceiling fan, and the couch.
We have 2 young girls and this space used to be filled with toys, swings, baby dolls, and baskets of toys! This past fall we turned our 3rd bedroom into a play room and made an "adult space" and we LOVE it. My husband and I love to watch movies on the couch after the girls go to bed but before they do we each take a kid and rock & read books!

WELCOME TO MY HOME!!!
(The view from the front door)
My hubby worked hard today so he was too tired to get out of the picture. :)
I kinda like him there anyways! 

View from the kitchen
His & Hers :)
We LOVE watching movies together.
One of my favorite things in the living room is my Organic Bloom frame.
We just added this photo collage to the wall about 6 months ago and I LOVE it.

6 comments:

  1. its all so beautiful. I hope someday to have a home im proud of...someday. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Holley! I hope so too. Because you deserve the BEST!
      We weren't happy at our home and thought about selling until we decided to pour some love and attention right where we were. Now I am starting to make the changes that have kept me from being 100% happy at our home. I think we just have to love on our present, no matter the situation. :)
      Paint and pictures do wonders. :)

      Delete
  2. I love your family photo collage. It's so beautiful!

    And your comment about your husband being too tired to get out of the picture totally made me laugh out loud! I like having my husband around too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey there!! I LOVE your colorful family photos!! Adorable! :) Just stopping in from KK...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! :) I agree I love how much color they bring to the room.

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...