Mar 27, 2012

Garage Sale = SUCCESS

Wow! I didn't realize how much work Garage Sales are!!! Not only did I have to go through my whole house to find everything that I didn't need/want anymore; we went through our shed and our storage space and hauled everything over to my in-laws where the sale would happen!
We started pricing on Thursday but with the rain and it being a 3 family garage sale there wasn't all that much space to move around! Well, we had planned our garage sale for Friday and Saturday but decided due to the weather we would just have it Saturday. That let us all breathe a little better. Friday we spent ALL day pricing and organizing all of our stuff! EXHAUSTING.
Saturday I woke up at 5:30 and headed over to my in-laws shortly after to get everything set up and ready for our shoppers! 7:30 people started coming and they did not stop until 3 o'clock!! It was so busy and we had sooo many shoppers! What a blessing! We had tables full of adult clothing and baby clothing and so much more!!!
We worked hard Thursday and Friday but Saturday was just kinda fun to sit back and collect the money for our hard work and our stuff!

I had a really fun time with my in-laws and my brother-in-law and his wife (Pip and Amanda) and the kids were just absolutely amazing! They played inside and then would come outside and play with some side walk chalk. They entertained themselves and Braycee slept through most of it! It was a beautiful day outside 78 degrees and sunny!!! Perfect day for a garage sale!



We were able to sale almost EVERYTHING! Anything that we didn't sale we gathered together and are donating to Healthy Families! After we cleaned everything up we counted our money and were all very happily surprised with the amount we were able to make! WOOHOOO!!

Now I just have to put the house/garage back together - with all the new space I have I'm not sure what I'm going to do! - Oh wait... go shopping! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...