Feb 11, 2012

LIGHTBULB

Sometime it takes someone saying the obvious or me hearing the obvious for me to understand. That's exactly what I needed Tuesday night at my weight watchers meeting! I've heard it each week but for some reason I realized DUH! That IS how it works.
I love weight watchers but was struggling the first 6 weeks! I signed up at the end of December. I maintained my weight and then gained a little lost a little... it just wasn't working... or  I should say - I WASN'T WORKING!
Weight watchers is such a great program for many reasons but my favorite is NOTHING is off limits. Want a piece of pizza have ONE and count it, want some candy, have some COUNT it. Don't have any points left? EAT FRUIT (or yucky veggies). They encourage you to eat healthy, but when you are wanting to just "live life" a little you can! So do you really lose weight eating whatever you want? YES!!! BUT the key is  TRACKING!!! You are given a certain amount of "points" for a day and you have to stay within those points.
I would count some of my meals, and then I would snack on a couple things but with it just being a bite here and there I didn't count it or not measuring will get you in trouble real fast. My 3/4 cup of cereal was more like 3 cups of cereal. :) I'd track for a couple days or I guess a couple half days and the not for the rest of the week. Well anyways I just was getting frustrated with myself and the program bc I wasn't losing weight. I have 30 pounds I want to lose until my ultimate goal weight and I was in a hurry getting no where.
Tuesday the topic of the meeting was "tracking" an obvious topic but it hit me. "ohhh!" "lightbulb" You have to write everything down and really add up your points to stay on target and for this to work! I have been makin good choices all week. Staying within my points and writing every single thing that goes into my mouth down. I am loving it. I don't know why I didn't realize it before! I like to plan and be organized. I love budgets and this is kinda all 3 in one! Plan my meals and points. Organize how many points I have left and count the cost BEFOERE eating it to stay within budget.
Anyways I am very excited and am expecting great results and a true lifestyle change. I'm not sure how long it will be until I'm at my goal weight and I'm trying to learn that's ok. Slow and steady wins the race! (ww wants you to lose 1/2 to 2 pounds a week)
I highly recommend weight watchers www.weightwatchers.com to any and everyone. And I'd love to talk more about it if you have any questions!


Sandwich: 2 slices of bread 2 pts, 2 slices ff cheese 2 pts, Spray butter 0 pts, apple slices 0 pts, 2 tbs peanut butter 5 pts, ice water 0 pts. 9 point Yummy and simple meal

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...